Keto Banana Waffles
I am really loving this new keto banana waffles recipe! As a child, banana flavored candies, muffins, and breads were just about my absolute favorites! Since I started a low carb diet about 15 years ago, I had to just completely eliminate these things from my diet because bananas are very high in sugar. So, you can imagine my delight when I experimented with these keto banana waffles last weekend!
The recipe for the keto banana waffles turned out perfect last weekend. However, they were so good that we inhaled them all before getting a relatively nice picture. So, I am up early this Saturday morning eating keto banana waffles and blogging about it to help you along the way with your type 2 diabetes journey and/or your 30-Day Low Carb Diet Challenge.
Since bananas are high carb, not diabetic-friendly or keto-friendly, the waffles are made with a banana extract. With a little research, I discovered that one teaspoon of extract contains about 12 calories and only 0.53g carbohydrates (1).
Without any further ado, let’s get to the keto banana waffles recipe. This recipe is for a really large Belgian waffle maker. Therefore, this recipe is for 1 Belgian Waffle. To make more keto banana waffles, simply double, triple, or quadruple the recipe as needed.
Keto Banana Waffles
- 1/2 C. Almond Flour
- ½ Tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp. Monk Fruit (In The Raw)
- ¼ Tsp. Flax Seed (Ground)
- 1 Tsp. Banana Extract (I used McCormick.)
- 1 Tbsp. Cream Cheese (I used Fat Free.)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter (Salted)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar-Free Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Egg
- Cooking spray Optional
- While there are multiple ingredients, the recipe is quite simple.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth
- Be sure that your cream cheese and butter are melted before adding them to the dry ingredients.
- If you are microwaving the cream cheese and butter, do not add the eggs at the same time. Blend the eggs into the mix either before or after you have added the other wet ingredients.
- Preheat the waffle iron using a medium high setting. When warm, pour the keto banana waffles in the center of the hot waffle maker. Close the lid and let the waffle cook for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the waffle and serve on a plate with butter and sugar-free syrup. I usually add a few pieces of walnuts just because it's a banana flavored bread.
I hope you get to enjoy these delicious keto banana waffles soon. I am looking forward to making them again. Thanks for visiting the blog. Please find us on Facebook and Instagram. And of course, please subscribe, like and share this keto banana waffles recipe using the buttons below!