Low Carb Eggplant Fries, Keto Style!
If you are looking for some keto diet motivation, these low carb eggplant fries may be just what you need for dinner tonight! They are pretty easy to make and they taste really good especially when you dip them in Rao’s Homemade Garlic Dipping Sauce!
So far, I have experimented with a couple different ingredients for the low carb eggplant fries. These low carb eggplant fries are rolled in Italian seasoned almond flour. Therefore, they come out of the oven with a nice looking color and a great rugged-looking texture. Since eggplants are spongy before being cooked, they make nice creamy soft centered french fries once baked.
In my opinion, this version of low carb eggplant fries taste like an expensive appetizer you would receive at an upscale restaurant. They have the gourmet look, feel and taste.
Temp: 425 | Bake: 20 Mins | Makes: About 15 Fries
1/2 c. Almond Flour
1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Shredded Italian Cheese
Dipping Sauce: Rao’s Homemade Roasted Garlic Sauce
Supplies: cookie sheet, 2 small bowls, measuring spoons, fork, spoon
- Using the largest middle portion, slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch thick circles.
- Use about four sliced circles to cut into 1/2 inch thick eggplant fries. If you have a large baking sheet, you can double the recipe ingredients to make a larger serving size.
- Get two small bowl. Use one for the salted egg wash and another for the seasoned almond flour.
- Add all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Add a little sea salt in the other bowl and whisk the egg.
- Now you are ready to dip the eggplant fries in the egg wash and then coat them with almond flour mixture. Neatly place the fries on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat step 6 until all the eggplant fries are coated with almond flour and ready to go in the oven.
- I popped these in a counter top convection oven and was eating in about 20 minutes.
- As mentioned, I ate them with Rao’s Homemade Roasted Garlic Sauce.