Keto Low Carb Creamy Alfredo Chicken Eggplant Soup!
This creamy chicken eggplant soup has a great flavor and uniquely creamy texture. Add alfredo and you have a wonderful keto low carb creamy alfredo eggplant soup! It is a must try soup for this Fall and Winter.
Chicken eggplant soup is very easy to make! I used boneless chicken thighs because they become juicy and tenderize easily. So, once the herbs and spices are added, you end up with a wonderful, flavorful starter base for the soup.
Before it is cooked, the eggplant has a unique spongy texture that becomes gelatinous when cooked. Therefore, after adding the eggplant to the remaining chicken juice, the soup base almost immediately presents itself! Top that with some garlic and Alfredo sauce, reintroduce the chicken and your keto low carb alfredo chicken eggplant soup is ready to eat! We wrote about eggplants in our SIMPLE Low Carb Magazine (Fall 2018 Edition).
So, let’s get to this delicious recipe!
Chicken Eggplant Soup
Serves: 2 – 3 | Prep: 40 mins
- 4 Boneless Chicken Thighs or 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Small Eggplant
- 1 C. Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Basil
- Seasoning Salt
- Season the chicken generously with garlic powder, onion powder, basil, and seasoning salt.
- Place the seasoned chicken in a medium skillet and then cover with a lid.
- Cook the chicken on the stove top over medium heat. Turn as needed. Add water as needed.
- Meanwhile, cut the eggplant into bite-sized cubes.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the cubed eggplant to the skillet with the chicken juice. Add about a cup of water to the skillet. If you decide to use chicken breast, add canned chicken broth and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season the eggplant with sea salt and cover with a lid.
- Using a fork and a knife, slice the cooked chicken into chunks.
- Once the eggplant starts cooking, add the chicken and Alfredo sauce.
- Stir and the let simmer for about 10 minutes until the eggplant is tender.
That is all there is to this chicken eggplant soup recipe. You are invited to follow and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. You can also request to join our Keto, Low Carb Diet for Beginner’s Group. Please leave a comment to let us know what you think of the keto low carb alfredo chicken eggplant soup!