Keto Gummy Worms
Keto gummy worms are an excellent way to take your collagen supplement! Keto gummy bears and keto gummy worms are almost pure collagen. Interestingly, however, I just read a post from a lady in a diet group innocently complaining about the taste of her collagen supplement. So, her comment inspired me to: (1) add this keto gummy worms recipe to our collection of keto-friendly homemade gummy bears recipes and (2) make sure our readers know that our keto gummy worms are made with collagen. In addition, these keto gummy worms are made with Vitamin C powder, the water soluble vitamin needed for collagen synthesis.
Sold on Amazon and at Vitamin Shoppe.
Although the keto gummy worms are delicious “low carb candy” treats, they are very beneficial to your keto diet life. You can learn more about how collagen works, but in short, it helps prevent wrinkles and strengthens your teeth, hair, and nails.
These keto gummy worms are made with pretty orange and red colors for fall. However, you can make them out of any flavor combination. These particular keto gummy worms are peach and cherry flavored. Since the colors are mixed, you will need to make the recipe below twice using two different containers and droppers. The two colors need to be made simultaneously so you can use both colors to fill the gummy worm mold at the same time.
Ingredients For One Color:
1 Tbsp. Flavored Sugar-Free Jello (choose two different colors, mix separately)
1/2 Tsp. Vitamin C Powder
6 Tbsp. Distilled Water
I used the gummy worm mold set shown above, but this is another good gummy worm mold set combo. I like these molds because they have large adult-sized gummy bears molds. They are not teeny tiny gummy bears, circles, or worms.
- Arrange your keto gummy worms mold on a cookie sheet for an easy transfer to the refrigerator.
- Add one of the sugar-free jello flavors, gelatin, and vitamin C powder to a small microwave safe dish.
- Stir the powders until they are well blended and then add 3 tablespoons of room temperature water to the powder.
- Stir until a thick paste is formed while you microwave the other 3 tablespoons of water for about 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the hot water over the gelatin mix and stir until the gel dissolves in the warm liquid.
- Microwave again as needed to get any remaining gelatin lumps out.
- If you want to make them multi-colored, repeat steps 1 – 6 with a second sugar-free jello flavor/color and then go to step 8.
- Use the squeeze dropper(s) to quickly add the keto gummy worms mix to the gummy worm molds
- For dual colors, squeeze one color on one end of the mold while squeezing the other color at the other end of the gummy worm mold.
- If the mixture starts getting too thick and sticky, simply microwave the gel mixture for a few seconds until it is thin enough to continue.
- When finished, place the entire cookie sheet in the refrigerator to cool. Alternatively, if the room is cool, you can let the keto gummy worms set on the counter.
- Once completely cooled, pop them out of the mold and store the extras in the refrigerator.
Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Subscribe to the Low Carb Diet Life by email to get the latest blog posts! You can also learn more about Keto Collagen Supplements and get the answer to What Is Collagen & What Does It Do? I hope you enjoy this new keto gummy worms recipe as much as I do.