Keto Eggplant Fritters Recipe With Shrimp & Alfredo Sauce!
What a delicious keto eggplant fritters recipe this is! Made with shrimp and Alfredo sauce, it is difficult to go wrong! However, I experimented with another Italian-inspired eggplant fritters recipe and it was a bummer batch because it did not stick together. In spite of this, it turned out to be a really delicious sauteed kind of “hash” instead of fritters.
Because eggplants are made of a gelatinous fiber, it is easy to end up with a floppy eggplant fritter when you add wet ingredients. Therefore, the key to making a good keto eggplant fritters recipe is to use fresh non-wet ingredients. For example, when making a mushroom eggplant fritter use fresh sliced mushrooms, not the kind in a jar. You could attempt to dry off the mushrooms from a jar and your keto eggplant fritters recipe may be okay.
This particular keto eggplant fritters recipe is made with shrimp and topped with Alfredo sauce and fresh diced green onions. Capers would also go well with this keto eggplant fritters recipe. Especially, if you enjoy the taste of capers. I cubed both the eggplant and pre-cooked shrimp into small pieces. Then, seasoning, egg, and cheese were added. And voila! You are ready to cook this keto eggplant fritters recipe! You can learn more about eggplants in this edition of SIMPLE Low Carb Magazine.
Keto Eggplant Fritters Recipe
Serves: 1 – 2 | Prep: 5 Min | Cook: 10-15 Min
1 c. Diced Eggplant
1 c. Cooked Shrimp
1 Large Egg
3 Tbsp. Italian Cheese
Optional: Alfredo Sauce
- Cut the eggplant into small cubes. The smaller you cut the eggplant, the more rigid your eggplant fritter recipe can be.
- Use 1/2 tiny cooked shrimp or chop larger shrimp until you have about one cup of shrimp.
- Add the eggplant and shrimp to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add garlic powder, sea salt , and cheese. Stir until mixed well.
- Next, add the egg. Stir until the egg covers the ingredients well.
- Add a cooking oil of your choice to a large skillet and then heat it using a medium-high heat setting.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the skillet for each fritter. Leave room for the fritter to spread a bit while cooking. Once cooked on one side, flip to cook and brown the other side. Every stove is different, so just use one to check until it is time to flip. Mine takes about 3 – 5 minutes to cook on one side on a medium stove setting.
Okay, that is all for now! Thanks for subscribing to the Low Carb Diet Life! Find us on our social media pages here. Hope you enjoy this keto eggplant fritters recipe with shrimp and Alfredo sauce.