Keto Breakfast Bowl With Caramelized Onion & Turkey Sausage
This is a hearty meat, veggie, and cheese keto breakfast bowl. To me, it is a perfect weekend keto breakfast to get a busy weekend started. I loaded this keto breakfast bowl with some of my favorite veggies and turkey sausage. It is not the quickest keto breakfast, but it is worth the effort because it feels and tastes like a real meal.
While cooking the ground turkey breakfast sausage, I sliced green bell peppers, yellow onions, and Roma tomatoes. Once the meat cooked, I removed it from the skillet. Then, I sauteed the green bell peppers in the same skillet with a little cooking oil. Next, I did the same thing to caramelize the yellow onions.
After preparing the toppings, I used a clean skillet to scramble the eggs with a little salt. And lastly, I prepared the bowl and topped it with some mild cheddar cheese. It is a really hearty keto breakfast bowl! So, it would also make a really good low carb dinner substitute. Let’s get to the recipe….
Keto Breakfast Bowl!
Serves: 1 | Prep: 15 Mins
3-4 Small Eggs
1/2 c. Ground Turkey Sausage
1/4 c. Sliced Roma Tomato
1/4 c. Sliced Green Pepper
1/4 c. Sliced Yellow Onion
1 Tbsp. Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Cook the ground turkey breakfast sausage in a skillet. Then set the meat aside.
- Saute the bell peppers and onions in the skillet with a little oil until browned.
- Next, use a clean skillet to scramble the eggs with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Lastly, arrange the keto breakfast bowl to your liking.
- I added the scrambled eggs in a bowl first. Then did a side-by-side layer of tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and cooked meat. And lastly, topped it with mild cheddar cheese.
I hope you enjoy this keto breakfast bowl. It is easy, but filled with a delicious combination of grown-up flavors. Thanks for subscribing to the Low Carb Diet Life! You can find our social media pages here. Please let us know what you think of this keto breakfast bowl in a comment below.