Fresh Keto Low Carb Tilapia Salad
This is a fresh keto low carb tilapia salad recipe! I personally enjoy salads year-round. However, this fresh keto low carb tilapia salad is really good during the summer months. For me, it makes a great low carb substitute for “fish taco” Tuesday and satisfies my taste for a fish burger. It makes losing weight and keeping it off super easy!
This tilapia salad is really easy to make and enjoy. I used only a few basic ingredients including tilapia, iceberg lettuce, cilantro, tomato, jalapeno pepper, and tartar sauce. If you enjoy your fish taco or fish burger a certain way, simply tweak the recipe to fit your taste.
Historically, I enjoyed my fish taco and fish burger without any cheese. Therefore, I did not add any cheese to this low carb tilapia salad. Then too, the fish tacos that I enjoyed for many Tuesdays did not come with avocados. Therefore, I did not add avocados to this salad in an effort to recreate the familiar.
One thing I did do differently is add jalapenos. So, you could always omit the jalapenos and/or add cheese and avocado. Either way, if you typically enjoy fish burgers or fish tacos, you will really enjoy this tilapia salad recipe.
Serves: 1 | Prep: 15 Min
- 1 Large Cooked Tilapia (Season to Taste)
- 1 -2 c. Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Small Roma Tomato
- 4 Cilantro Sprigs
- 1/4 c. Tartar Sauce
- Fresh Chopped Jalapeno (Optional)
- You can buy pre-cooked tilapia or cook your own. I cooked my own. After thawing the tilapia, I added seasoning from a taco seasoning mix packet along with a little regular seasoning salt and dried cilantro.
- After washing my hands, I added the chopped iceberg lettuce to a regular dinner-sized plate while the fish was cooking. Thawed tilapia does not take long to cook.
- Next, add the fresh chopped cilantro and fresh diced Roma tomato.
- When cooked well, place the cooked seasoned tilapia on top of the salad.
- Next, add the fresh chopped jalapeno to your salad if you enjoy eating a spicy tilapia salad.
- And finally, you can cover the salad with your favorite low carb tartar sauce instead of salad dressing.
This is a really easy and tasty tilapia salad recipe! You may also enjoy some of our other salad recipes. If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think. That is all for now! Please follow, pin, and share our post on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. I hope you enjoy mixing things up with this fresh keto low carb tilapia salad recipe!