Fish Taco Salad
This is a delicious keto low carb fish taco salad recipe! I personally enjoy salads year-round. However, this fresh keto low carb fish taco salad is really good during the summer months. For me, it makes a great low carb substitute for “fish taco” Tuesday and satisfies my taste for a fish burger. And, what is more, it makes losing weight and keeping it off super easy!
This fish taco salad is really easy to make and enjoy. I used only a few basic ingredients including tilapia, iceberg lettuce, purple cabbage, cilantro, tomato, cucumber, green onions, yellow bell pepper, and tartar sauce. If you enjoy your fish taco or fish burger a certain way, simply tweak the recipe to fit your taste.
Historically, I enjoyed my fish taco and fish burger without any cheese. Therefore, I did not add any cheese to this low carb fish taco salad. Then too, the fish tacos that I enjoyed for many Tuesdays did not come with avocados. Therefore, I did not add avocados to this salad in an effort to recreate the familiar.
One thing I did do differently is add green onions, cucumbers, and bell peppers. So, you could always omit these ingredients and/or add cheese and avocado. Either way, if you typically enjoy fish burgers or fish tacos, you will really enjoy this low carb fish taco salad recipe.
Fish Taco Salad
- 1.5 c. Iceberg Lettuce (Chopped)
- 1/2 c. Purple Cabbage (Shredded)
- 2 tbsp. Green Onions (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1/4 c. Tomato (Diced)
- 1/4 c. Cucumber (Diced)
- 1/8 c. Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1/4 c. Tartar Sauce (The Dressing)
- Marinade the fish and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Then, cook in a skillet over medium heat. Cover with a lid.
- Remove from heat when cooked.
- After washing hands, add the chopped iceberg lettuce, purple cabbage, cilantro and green onions to a large dinner plate.
- Next, add the cooked fish to the salad and then cover with fresh chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and yellow bell peppers.
- And finally, you can cover the salad with your favorite low carb tartar sauce to use as a salad dressing.
This is a really easy and tasty fish taco salad recipe! You may also enjoy some of our other salad recipes. If you try this recipe, please let us know what you think. That is all for now! I hope you enjoy mixing things up with this fresh keto low carb fish taco salad recipe!