Low Carb Egg Roll In A Bowl!
This is a super easy and super fresh tasting low carb egg roll in a bowl. So, in case you are wondering – what’s a egg roll in a bowl – it is the egg roll filling without the fatty high carb bread. In this way, you can enjoy the taste of a delicious egg roll without knocking yourself out of ketosis or over doing it on your low carb diet.
It is recipes like this one that makes learning how to Lose Weight And Keeping It Off! easy.
With fresh grated ginger, minced garlic, and chopped cabbage this low carb egg roll in a bowl screams fresh. Some people use ground beef in their low carb egg roll in a bowl. However, ground pork sausage is more ideal. Another option is to use a mix of ground breakfast pork sausage and ground beef. If you want to add a little spice, you can mix things up with ground beef and spicy ground breakfast pork sausage.
Either way, with this low carb egg roll in a bowl, you will end up with a delicious combination of meat, vegetables, spices, and herbs.
Low Carb Egg Roll In A Bowl
Serves: 2-4 | Cook: 35 Min | Stove: Medium
1 lb (16 oz.) Ground Breakfast Pork Sausage
2 Green Onions (chopped)
½ c. Shredded Carrots
3 – 4 c. Shredded Cabbage
1 Tbsp. Minced Ginger
1/4 c. Soy Sauce
1 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- The first thing to do is cook your pork sausage (or whatever ground meat you use) well.
- Use a medium skillet with a lid. A larger skillet is needed because you will need room to add more ingredients.
- If you have used a fattier meat, you can drain the excess fat once the meat has finished cooking.
- Next, simply add all of the remaining ingredients and cover with a lid.
- Once the cabbages starts to steam/cook, you can start stirring all of the ingredients together.
- Keep the ingredients covered with a lid, but remove lid every five minutes to stir. You can add a little water if needed to prevent sticking and add more steam for cooking the cabbage.
- Once you have finished cooking the low carb egg roll in a bowl, serve, and enjoy!
Simple, right?! And, more importantly, it’s pretty healthy and it tastes really good. For more low carb diet ideas, recipes, and tips you can also follow us on social media and join our low carb diet support group for beginners! I hope you enjoy the low carb egg roll in a bowl as much as I do!