Keto Chocolate Donuts
Indulging in these keto chocolate donuts were the perfect pick-me-up today! These donuts are sweet, chocolatey and super moist. And the rich dark chocolate blend of icing really brings it all together. These keto chocolate donuts are made with a triple hit combination of sugar-free dark chocolates, so get ready to feel good after eating these!
Some of you may wonder how eating chocolate donuts on a low carb diet, keto diet, or even a diabetic diet is possible. Well, the answer is simple – pure chocolate is a sugar-free, low carb food. In fact (are sitting down for this), chocolate is the seed of a cacao fruit. Yep, chocolate is a seed. Therefore, with the right combination of ingredients, you too can enjoy eating keto chocolate donuts.
The cool part about this donut is that in many ways, it is actually good for you. You capture both the health benefits of almond flour and the health benefits of dark chocolate. Plus, dark chocolate is full of magnesium. Therefore, you will also capture the calming “feel good” health benefits of magnesium as well. So, enough talk about how healthy these keto chocolate donuts are, let’s get to the indulgent chocolatey taste.
I mentioned using three sugar-free chocolates. The first chocolate is 100% Hershey’s Cacao Powder. The second chocolate is sugar-free Hershey’s Syrup. And lastly, Lily’s Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips are used in the icing. These keto chocolate donuts turned out to be perfectly sweet and moist. So, let’s get to it…
Keto Chocolate Donuts
Oven: 350 | Bake: 20 Min | Serves: 5
- 1 c. Finely Sifted Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp. Hershey’s Cocoa Powder, 100% Cacao
- 1/2 tsp. heaping Psyllium Husk Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Monk Fruit In The Raw
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp. Light Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp. Sugar-Free Hershey’s Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Medium Egg
- Rubber Donut Mold (I used this one.)
- 3 tbsp. Bake Believe Sugar-Free White Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp. Lily’s Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 tsp. Sugar-Free Hershey’s Syrup
- Preheat oven: 350 degrees
- Add all of your dry ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Stir until all of the dry ingredients are blended together.
- Next, add your coconut oil and stir into the dry ingredients. *Coconut oil will harden at a cool temperature, so be sure to stir before adding your cooler ingredients.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the batter into your donuts mold and place in the oven.
- Once the keto chocolate donuts bake, remove from oven, and let cool before removing from your silicone donuts mold.
- Once the donuts are out of the mold, prepare your icing.
- ICING: Place the icing ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat as needed until the chips are melted and the icing is ready to pour over the donuts. Pour quickly and reheat the icing for a few seconds as needed.
As with regular donuts, these keto chocolate donuts will go well with a cup of black coffee. However, they tasted just as good all by themselves – icing or no icing. Okay – that’s it! I hope you enjoy eating these keto chocolate donuts! They are not too difficult to make and you should have leftovers. You may also like our keto lemon donuts or keto strawberry donuts. Please like, share, and subscribe below. Find us on social media and join our low carb diet support group for beginners! Let us know how you enjoyed these keto chocolate donuts!