Easy Keto Low Carb Chicken Eggplant Fritters Recipe
This is an easy keto low carb chicken eggplant fritters recipe! In fact, it can be served as a delicious keto low carb appetizer. However, it is also just a great way to mix up your weekday keto low carb diet routine.
I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe for dinner with one of our keto salad dressing/sauce cookbook recipes! And I enjoyed some of the leftovers for lunch the next day. So, I can tell you that this eggplant fritters recipe reheats really well in the microwave.
I made the chicken eggplant fritters recipe with a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and a finely chopped eggplant. Since the outer skin of an eggplant takes longer to become tender than the inside, I simply removed the skin for a quick and easy eggplant fritters recipe preparation.
Eggplants are an acquired taste or texture for some. However, this keto low carb chicken eggplant fritters recipe is a great way to get your low carb vegetables in without really tasting or noticing.
And, I fried it in organic unrefined coconut oil. Therefore, the fritters are ketogenic. However, you can use a different oil if you do not enjoy the flavor of coconut oil.
So, let’s get to this easy keto low carb chicken eggplant fritters recipe.
Chicken Eggplant Fritters Recipe
Yields: 10 Fritters | Prep: 15 Min | Cook: 10 Min
1 C. Finely Chopped Eggplant
1 C. Cooked Rotisserie Chicken
½ C. Shredded Italian Cheese
2 Medium Eggs
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
¼ Tsp. Cumin
1 Tsp. Sea Salt (Optional)
1 Large Green Onion
Unrefined Coconut Oil or Olive Oil (Used for frying.)
- Use a knife or peeler to remove the eggplant’s skin.
- Use a cutting board to chop the eggplant into small almost minced-sized pieces.
- Place the eggplant pieces into a medium bowl.
- Chop the cooked chicken into similarly small-sized pieces.
- Place the chicken in the bowl.
- Add chopped green onions, Italian cheese, garlic powder, cumin and sea salt to the bowl and then stir.
- Once the ingredients are mixed together, add the eggs. Stir until blended well.
- Place a medium (or large) non-stick skillet on the stove burner.
- Add about one tablespoon of coconut oil to the skillet and set the burner to a medium heat setting.
- Use a spoon to scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into the skillet until the skillet is full.
- Cook until the edge of the fritters begins to cook. Flip the chicken eggplant fritters over to allow the other side to cook.
- Remove from the skillet and repeat as needed.
I enjoyed this easy keto low carb chicken eggplant fritters recipe with our avocado lime dressing. However, it would also go well with the creamy olive dressing! Both recipes can be found along with others in our Ketogenic Salad Dressing Book. Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. I hope you enjoy this chicken eggplant fritters recipe.