Italian Cucumber Salad
This is a simple, but delicious keto low carb Italian cucumber salad! Cucumbers and tomatoes are a classic summer salad combination. So, they come in a variety of different flavors and preparation. Then too, you can eat just a cucumber salad or just a tomato salad. Together or alone cucumbers and tomatoes are very refreshing in the summer months. This Italian cucumber salad has both.
I made this Italian cucumber salad for a quick snack one day. However, with time flying by, it actually turned out to be my lunch. With cucumbers being mostly water, they are refreshing and filling. The tomatoes are loaded with vitamin c and contains minerals that can help sustain your electrolyte balance. So, they too can have a rejuvenating effect on a hot summer day. Some keto dieters avoid tomatoes because they are naturally sweet. Therefore, I only used a few cherry tomatoes to boost my vitamin C intake.
Black olives are delicious, fatty and salty. So, they also contribute to your being satisfied after eating this little Italian cucumber salad. So, this little Italian cucumber salad may be what you are looking for to add to your low carb meal planner. Or perhaps your perfect pair for one of our low carb pizza recipes.
In addition to cucumbers, black olives and cherry tomatoes, I added capers. Mediterranean olives, and Mediterranean sea salt. And lastly, I made the Creamy Olive Salad Dressing (recipe included below) in the Keto Salad Dressing Recipes Cookbook. Olives and capers have a nice salty flavor, so the salt is optional. Without any further ado, let’s get to the Italian Cucumber Salad recipe.
Italian Cucumber Salad
- Use a cutting board and a knife to cut a large cucumber in half. Then, slice it down the middle.
- At this point, you should have half circles when you slice the cucumber for the salad.
- Slice the cucumber for the salad and then add them to a small bowl.
- Next, cut 2-3 cherry tomatoes in half. Add them to the top of the salad.
- And lastly, add capers and olives.
- Since the dressing has the flavor of olives, you only need to add a few chopped olives.
- Blend all ingredients together and pour over the salad.
So, that is all there is to this Italian cucumber salad. I hope you enjoy this low carb side salad with one of your favorite low carb meals. Please leave your comments or questions below. Let me know how you like the low carb Italian cucumber salad with the homemade creamy olive dressing.