Ground Beef Omelette
There are a variety of ways to make a delicious ground beef omelette! In fact, this simple microwaved minced beef omelette is a ground beef omelette. Depending on your background and culture, some may think of the microwaved omelette more like a crust less quiche. Either way, both are yummy!
This deliciously browned ground beef omelette is what some may call a country omelet or an American omelet. A traditional French omelette is not brown on the outside. If you cook the ground beef the night before, you can have a really quick and yummy ground beef omelette for breakfast in the morning. So, let’s get to the ingredients used to make this ground beef omelette.
The eggs for this ground beef omelette are prepared with medium eggs, heavy cream, and salt (optional).
- Eggs – Medium eggs are used in this recipe. So, if you are cooking with small or large eggs, you may need to add more or less eggs.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream is used in this ground beef omelette. However, water can be substituted in for a similar result.
- Salt – The salt is optional. Simply salt the eggs to fit your taste.
Ground beef, tomato, cilantro, and cheese are used in the filling for this ground beef omelette.
- Ground Beef – If you are in a time crunch, remember to cook the ground beef ahead of time. Or simply set some cooked ground beef aside from another low carb ground beef recipe.
- Tomato – You can use whatever fresh tomatoes that you like. A diced Roma tomato is used in this particular recipe.
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro is chopped and added to the inside of the ground beef omelette. It is then used for added garnish and flavor afterwards as well.
- Cheese – A shredded mild cheddar cheese is added to this ground beef omelette.
Ground Beef Omelette
- 1/2 c Ground Beef (Pre-cooked & Seasoned)
- 1/4 c. Mild Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 tbsp. Roma Tomato (Diced)
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Jalapeno’s (Minced, optional)
- Use a whisk or a fork to blend the heavy cream into the eggs.
- Add avocado oil to the skillet. Heat for about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture into the skillet.
- Use a spatula to push the eggs to the center. Manipulate the skillet to make sure the egg continues to form a circle while cooking.
- Once the top of the egg has cooked, add the cooked ground beef to one half and sprinkle with tomato, cheese, and cilantro.
- Fold the half with no filling over the filled half.
- Get a large plate to flip or slide the omelette onto the plate.
This is one of many egg omelette recipes we have on the website for you to use or add to your low carb meal planner. That is all for now! I hope you enjoy this delicious low carb ground beef omelette.