Low Carb Italian Salad
This is a delightful low carb Italian Salad that is likely more of an American Salad, than an Italian Salad. There is an old adage that says, “when in Rome, do as Romans” as long as it does not go against your standards. Well, when in Rome I ate a delightful authentic Italian Salad that tasted nothing like the also delicious “Italian Salads” that I had eaten in the states.
The authentic low carb Italian Salad that I ate was room temperature and super fresh! It had large fresh pieces of mozzarella cheese that I at first confused for an egg. That low carb Italian salad also included a boiled egg, fresh Roma tomato, olives, shredded chicken, and likely romaine lettuce. It was lightly salted and drizzled with what tasted like olive oil. It was a very delicious and healthy tasting low carb Italian salad.
This low carb Italian salad is a salty savory salad. I usually eat salads for meals, not sides. However, this savory low carb Italian salad recipe is a high fat low carb Italian Salad that can be share or used as a side. Even in small portions, this salad is a very satisfying “keto-style” low carb Italian salad. It goes well with most keto-friendly Italian salad dressings. This particular salad includes two meats, olives, cheese, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, and iceberg lettuce.
Low Carb Italian Salad (Keto-Style)
- 3 c. Iceberg Lettuce (Chopped)
- 1/4 c. Spinach Leaves (Fresh, Chopped)
- 1/4 c. Cucumbers (Diced)
- 1/4 c. Grape Tomatoes
- 8 Olives (Sliced)
- 7 Pepperoni Slices
- 4 Slices Salami (Or Shaved Deli Meat)
- 1/2 c. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 c. Italian Dressing (I used a light balsamic vinaigrette)
- Add chopped lettuce to a shallow medium-sized bowl or plate.
- Next, add pepperoni slices across the middle of the salad.
- To the right of the pepperoni, add olives, salami, and spinach.
- Then, add cucumbers, tomatoes, and cheese to the left of the pepperoni.
- If you like Parmesan cheese, sprinkle the top with a powdered Parmesan cheese. This will give this low carb Italian salad more of an Italian cheese flavor.
Clearly you can just dump all of the low carb Italian Salad ingredients in a bowl, add dressing, and eat up if you are in a time crunch. It will taste all the same (maybe even better) if you are not concerned with the presentation. I you like Italian salads, you may also like the Italian cucumber salad, or the keto Italian Salad with salami. I hope you get to try this low carb Italian salad recipe.