Low Carb Lemon Pie Recipe
This low carb lemon pie recipe is a refreshing spring dessert! It is has a super-fresh lemon filling with a buttery sweetened almond flour crust. Therefore, if you are a fan of lemon pie, you can really enjoy this low carb lemon pie recipe all year long!
I make this low carb lemon pie recipe using round muffin cups for better portion control. In this way, I can treat myself to one low carb dessert and reduce the urge to keep skimming away at an entire low carb lemon pie.
As alluded to earlier, this low carb lemon pie recipe is made with fresh squeezed lemon juice and almond flour. Lemons are a low carb fruit that is really high in vitamin C. Therefore, lemon enhances the use of any collagen supplements that you may be taking. Almond flour health benefits are also noteworthy for anyone on a healthy keto low carb diet.
Low Carb Lemon Pie Recipe
- Preheat Oven: 325 degrees
- Melt butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Add vanilla extract to the butter and then stir.
- Next, add the dry ingredients (almond flour, monk fruit, salt) to the butter mixture.
- Stir until a semi-crumbly crust forms.
- Use a spoon to scoop about 1 tablespoon of the crust mixture into each mold.
- Place the mold on a flat surface.
- Then use your hand to flatten the crust evenly into each mold.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- For easy removal, use a cookie sheet to place the crust in the oven to bake.
- Soften the cream cheese and butter in the microwave for a few seconds. Blend together well with a fork or small whisk.
- Then add the fresh squeezed lemon juice, sugar-free pancake syrup and monk fruit to the mixture.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are blended well. Do a taste test to determine if it is sweet enough for your taste.
- Reheat the mixture for 15-20 seconds before promptly adding the unflavored gelatin to the mix. Stir with a fork or whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Prepare the mold by placing it on a cookie sheet. This is done to prevent spilling or shifting the filling during your transfer in and out the over.
- Pour the mixture into each mold and then place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Once frozen, carefully unmold the dessert.
- Once frozen, you can easily remove and refrigerate for a easy low carb dessert.
- Or you can sit them on a plate to quickly bring them back to a cool room temperature to eat sooner.
Thanks for following and reading the Low Carb Diet Life blog. If you have not subscribed, simply subscribe via email below. You are also invited to like, follow, pin, and share on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. If you decide to make this low carb lemon pie recipe, please come back and let our readers know what you think.