Low Carb Lemon Pie Recipe
This low carb lemon pie recipe is a refreshing spring dessert! It is has a super-fresh lemon filling with a buttery sweetened almond flour crust. Therefore, if you are a fan of lemon pie, you can really enjoy this low carb lemon pie recipe all year long!
I make this low carb lemon pie recipe using round muffin cups for better portion control. In this way, I can treat myself to one low carb dessert and reduce the urge to keep skimming away at an entire low carb lemon pie.
As alluded to earlier, this low carb lemon pie recipe is made with fresh squeezed lemon juice and almond flour. Lemons are a low carb fruit that is really high in vitamin C. Therefore, lemon enhances the use of any collagen supplements that you may be taking. Almond flour health benefits are also noteworthy for anyone on a healthy keto low carb diet.
Low Carb Lemon Pie Recipe
Bake: 325 |Time: 15 Min | Serve: 4
1/2 C. Almond Flour
2 Tbsp. Melted Salted Butter
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Packet Monk Fruit
Pinch of Salt
- Melt butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Add vanilla extract to the butter and then stir.
- Next, add the dry ingredients (almond flour, monk fruit, salt) to the butter mixture.
- Stir until a semi-crumbly crust forms.
- Use a spoon to scoop about 1 tablespoon of the crust mixture into each mold.
- Place the mold on a flat surface.
- Then use your hand to flatten the crust evenly into each mold.
- For easy removal, use a cookie sheet to place the crust in the oven to bake.
Bake: 325 | Time: 20 Min | Serve: 4
1 Tbsp. Fat Free Cream Cheese
3 Tbsp. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Egg Yolk
5 Packet Monk Fruit (Sugar Substitute of Your Choice)
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add fresh squeezed lemon juice, unsweetened almond milk, and monk fruit.
- Stir until blended well. Do a taste test to determine sweetness.
- Sweeten to your desired sweetness before adding the egg yolk.
- Once the egg yolk has been blended into the mixture, prepare the mold by placing it on a cookie sheet. This is done to prevent spilling or shifting the filling during your transfer in and out the over.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of filling into each mold. Place in the oven to bake.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool before placing them in the freezer.
- Once frozen, you can easily remove and refrigerate for a easy low carb dessert.
Thanks for following and reading the Low Carb Diet Life blog. If you have not subscribed, simply subscribe via email below. You are also invited to like, follow, pin, and share on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. If you decide to make this low carb lemon pie recipe, please come back and let our readers know what you think.