Mini Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf With Pepper Jack Cheese
I saw a much larger full-sized loaf of the low carb bacon wrapped meatloaf. So, I decided to make a similar mini version of the low carb bacon wrapped meatloaf for myself. Of course, with bacon and cheese, the meatloaf has an extremely nice flavor. So, to me, this low carb bacon wrapped meatloaf with cheese was a must try. However, it will be a rare little meat treat for me.
I prefer to eat turkey bacon. However, I made this low carb bacon wrapped meatloaf with regular bacon in order for it to get a nice and crispy finish in the oven. The recipe that I saw used a ton of baby bel cheese and added flour to the meat mixture. Instead of baby bel cheese, I used pepper jack cheese and omitted the flour.
Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Oven: 350 | Bake: 50 Min | Serves: 2
4 oz. Raw Ground Beef
1 Pepper Jack Cheese Stick
3 Slices of Bacon
Seasoning Salt (to taste)
2 Tbsp. Ketchup
1 Tsp. Onion Powder
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
Supplies: Mini Loaf Pan
I used a silicone rubber mold for this particular batch. However, I will definitely use one of my a metal mini loaf pans for the next round of this recipe. Because a meatloaf can use the added heat that a metal pan provides.
1. Place thawed ground beef in a small bowl.
2. Add seasoning salt, garlic powder, minced onion powder, and ketchup.
3. You can mix it well with a spoon or use clean hands to mix.
4. Line the mold with bacon strips on all four sides. Keep in mind that you will be flipping the bacon strips across the top of the ground meat once the mold is filled. Therefore, the bacon should be draped outside the mold during preparation. I cut each bacon slice in half to reduce excess overlap.
5. Scoop about 1/4 of the mixture into each of the two bacon line mini molds. Flatten the meat using your hand or with a spoon.
6. Add half a stick of pepper jack cheese to the meat mixture. Then, add remaining meat mixture to cover the cheese and fill each bacon lined mold.
7. Flip the bacon strips across the top of the meat-filled molds to prepare the low carb bacon wrapped meatloaf for the oven.
8. Place in oven for 50 minutes. Then, remove the mini low carb bacon wrapped meatloaves and return to the oven. Bake them for an additional 10 -15 minutes in a small cake pan. The bacon should be crisp and the ground meat should be fully cooked.
The low carb bacon wrapped meatloaf will definitely go well with the low carb fried cabbage with bacon recipe. However, you easily just make it a fried cabbage recipe by omitting the bacon and sauteing in a little olive oil and water. I hope you are able to enjoy this low carb bacon wrapped meatloaf. I actually ended up eating one of them for a low carb breakfast. It was quite the breakfast treat!
Get more of our blog post and recipes by subscribing via email below. Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. If you think you will enjoy this, please share and like the recipe below. I hope you enjoy the low carb bacon wrapped meatloaf as I did.