Keto Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
This cheeseburger salad recipe is an incredibly delicious keto substitute for eating a traditional cheeseburger. With crispy fresh pieces of lettuce, fresh cooked cheeseburger patties, and a yummy homemade burger sauce, you may find this cheeseburger salad recipe more enjoyable than a regular cheeseburger. Being such a hearty keto salad recipe, I personally would not make this salad for a side dish. However, it can be done. And for the same reason, a particular keto side dish recipe does not come to mind for this hearty satiating keto salad recipe. Perhaps some of the eggplant fries would really make this into a complete keto meal.
The burger for this cheeseburger salad recipe is prepared with fresh raw ground beef, dry seasoning mix, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and cheese.
- Ground Beef – You can use fresh lean ground beef or a reduced fat ground beef for this cheeseburger salad recipe. Lean ground beef will not be as moist as a ground beef cooked in more fat, but it is an option and it is still delicious.
- Dry Seasoning Mix – The dry seasoning mix includes salt, garlic, paprika, onion, and black pepper.
- Ketchup – A small amount of ketchup is add to the ground beef mixture to moisten and flavor the ground beef. Which results in giving this cheeseburger patty a fresh homemade burger taste.
- Worcestershire Sauce – The same is true for the Worcestershire sauce. It makes the ground beef taste like fresh ground steak meat.
- Cheese – You can add whatever cheese you like to the cheeseburger. Pepper jack, cheddar, and American cheese are a few ideas. This one is prepared with half a slice of American cheese.
The salad part of this cheeseburger salad recipe includes lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, and onions.
- Lettuce – A regular iceberg lettuce is used as the leafy green for the salad. However, chopped romaine lettuce is a good substitute for the iceberg. They taste a little different, but they are comparably similar.
- Pickles – Chopped or minced dill pickles are used in this cheeseburger salad recipe. So, you can chop your own dill pickles or just use a dill pickle relish.
- Tomatoes – Fresh vine ripe tomatoes are chopped and added to the salad. The bunch of tomatoes that I picked was full of seeds. The Roma tomatoes that I typically use contain far less seeds. So, if you do not like the seeds, go with the Roma.
- Onions – Diced purple onions are added to this delicious cheeseburger salad. However, chopped yellow onions or chopped white onions can be used if you prefer yellow or white onions on your cheeseburger.
The sauce is simply added as part of the salad toppings used for this recipe. However, you can mix the sauce ingredients together in a separate bowl before adding it to the salad. You will basically use all of the same saucy ingredients that you will find on a cheeseburger including mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard. So, you can customize the sauce for this recipe based on how you like to eat your cheeseburger.
Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
- Place the thawed ground beef in a small bowl to separate and break the meat apart.
- Next, add the garlic, paprika, onion, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix the seasoning into the ground beef mixture well using your hands as needed.
- Next, add the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine the mixture well again and then form two burger patties.
- Place them in a medium skillet and cook over medium to low heat.
- Once the sides of the meat turn brown, you can flip the patties.
- Once cooked completely, you can remove the patties from the stove and top with cheese.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl or on a plate.
- Then add the cheeseburger, tomatoes, purple onions, pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup.
- Cut the cheeseburger into bite-sized pieces, mix the dressings into the salad, and enjoy.
That is all for now. You can find your next keto salad recipe or keto ground beef recipe to make for your next keto meal. I hope you enjoy making and eating the cheeseburger salad recipe as much as I do.