Delicious Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe (Keto, Diabetic-Friendly)
This is my new favorite almond flour pizza crust recipe! It is designed for people on a low carb diet, keto diet, or diabetic diet. However, this almond flour pizza crust recipe seems to be a general crowd pleaser. Therefore, the entire family may enjoy eating it.
We have several unique low carb pizza crust ideas like this low carb chicken crust pizza recipe and even a cheeseburger pizza recipe. While the other pizza crust recipes and ideas are definitely noteworthy and taste worthy, this almond flour pizza crust recipe can satisfy your taste for a traditional pizza crust recipe.
I made this single serving mini pizza recipe using a few key ingredients. First, I started with almond flour. Just like the health benefits of almonds, there are many almond flour health benefits that you can get from making a low carb almond flour pizza crust. Next, I added psyllium husk to give this almond flour pizza crust recipe a doughy texture. Psyllium husk is an excellent low net carb keto-friendly dietary fiber. Therefore, you can take a little time to learn about the health benefits of psyllium husk and how to use psyllium husk.
Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
- Add all of your dry ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Then stir until all of the dry ingredients are well-blended.
- Next, add softened cream cheese to the dry ingredients.
- Stir and blend them together until a firm paste forms.
- Lastly add the hot water to soften the paste and activate the psyllium husk.
- You will end up with a slightly sticky dough that can be shape into a circle using a spoon.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a pizza pan or large cookie sheet.
- Scoop the dough into the center of the parchment paper and then form into a circle.
- Using another sheet of parchment paper to cover the dough, evenly flatten the dough until is about 1/4 of an inch thick. You can flatten with your hand or with a rolling pin.
- Place in the pizza crust in the oven (15-20 minutes) until the dough rises and turns a medium brown color.
- Remove the almond flour pizza crust from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Optional: Using your hand, gently press the center of the pizza down to form a small cavity. This will result in leaving a distinct pizza crust edge.
- Add your 3 meats and cheese to top the pizza.
I made the low carb almond flour pizza crust recipe into a separate post for you to enjoy with any of our unique pizza toppings. For more Low Carb Diet Life blog post information, enter your email address below. You can also like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram. If you have any questions or comments about the low carb almond flour pizza crust recipe, please leave them below.