Keto Stuffed Chicken Recipe
There are few things more comforting than keto stuffed chicken! You will discover that this delicious keto stuffed chicken recipe is inspired by the keto cornbread stuffing recipe. The chicken and the stuffing are both prepared on the stove. But, the stuffing eventually ends up in the oven. So, let’s get to the details.
I started with the celery, onions, garlic and bell peppers. After chopping them into small bite-sized pieces, they were sauteed in a skillet with olive oil. Once the vegetables were slightly tender, the water and the chicken bouillon cube were added. As soon as the cube dissolved, the skillet was removed from the burner.
At this point, you can either mix the batter for the stuffing including everything except the egg or just wait until the chicken broth and vegetables cool. I added the dry ingredients and set the batter aside. This allows some time for the flavors to merger. However, the main thing to remember is not to add the egg until it is completely cool.
Okay, so let’s get to the chicken part of this keto stuffed chicken. For a little extra flavor, you can marinate the chicken before you prepare the vegetables and chicken broth. Otherwise, place the chicken in skillet to season and cook over medium to low heat.
Shortly before the chicken finished cooking, I added the egg to the batter and placed it in the oven. It will take about 40 minutes to bake, so keep this in mind with regards to marinating the chicken. Once the stuffing is ready, scoop some of it into the chicken and top with gravy. I used chicken thighs, so you simply stuff one of the folded pieces of meat. Alright, so here is the recipe.
Keto Stuffed Chicken
- Use a medium skillet to saute the vegetables in olive oil.
- Preheat Oven: 350 degrees
- Add water along with the chicken flavored bouillon cube to the skillet of vegetables. Stir as needed to help the cube dissolve.
- Now add almond flour, sage, parsley and turmeric in a medium mixing bowl. Stir.
- Then pour the vegetables and chicken broth in the mixing bowl. Stir until a wet paste form. Let sit until cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add the egg, stir and then pour the batter in a 6x6 baking dish.
- Bake the stuffing for 40 minutes.
- Place the thawed chicken in a skillet and season as needed.
- Cover the skillet with a lid. Set the burner to a medium heat setting.
- Flip the chicken when half cooked on one side. Add a little water and reduce heat slightly (as needed) to prevent sticking until fully cooked.
- Once the stuffing is ready, you can scoop the dressing inside the chicken and cover with some of the chicken gravy.
The keto stuffed chicken recipe turned out to be really delicious. If you enjoy this recipe, you may also really enjoy this keto cornbread stuffing recipe. If you would like to get more low carb recipes and ideas, please subscribe below to get notified when we post. You can also follow us on Instagram and Facebook. Be sure to like, share, and subscribe. And, let me know how you enjoy this keto stuffed chicken recipe!