Mexican Chicken Salad
This Mexican Chicken Salad, with a Texas twist is one of my favorite low carb salad combinations. I often eat more salads in the summer because I find them to be cool and refreshing. Nevertheless, a Mexican Chicken Salad can also go along great with a warm cup of low carb mexican chicken soup, Mexican cheesy chicken soup, or keto nacho soup! Therefore, you can make this easy Mexican Chicken Salad year-round.
Since salads are pretty straight forward, I will address the “Texas Twist”. Instead of using a more traditional lime and sea salt dressing, I go straight for a bottle of fat free ranch dressing! You can still add the lime to get that natural tart & sour taste. And, if you wanted to take it a step further, add some fresh cooked crumbled bacon!
For the chicken, I typically use some sort of leftover chicken since I am often on-the-go. Nevertheless, you can definitely cook your own chicken breast and season it with a Mexican Fiesta Seasoning to really enhance the flavor of this salad. So, it really is easy peasy!
Mexican Chicken Salad, With a Texas Twist
- 1 Chicken Thigh (Cooked)
- 1-1/2 c. Iceberg Lettuce
- 1/8 c. Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1/2 Roma Tomato
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice (Fresh)
- 1 Jalapenos (Optional)
- Fat Free Ranch Dressing (Optional)
- 1 tbsp. Purple Onion (Minced)
- Slice, cut, or chop lettuce into bite-sized pieces until you get about 2 cups full.
- Chop the fresh cilantro and toss it onto the lettuce (or arrange neatly).
- Dice half a Roma tomato and then toss it in the bowl with your lettuce.
- Next, add your pre-cooked chopped chicken thighs or breast.
- Then, add the diced avocado and fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Top with freshly cut jalapeno peppers.
- Add your favorite fat free Ranch dressing.
That is all there is to this low carb Mexican Chicken Salad, With a Texas Twist. You may enjoy some more of our low carb salad ideas, low carb soup. or the low carb Mexican bowl. Please like this page and subscribe to our blog to get the latest blog post. You can follow us on Instagram and Facebook to get some of the latest news about Low Carb Diet Life. Thanks for reading, please leave any questions or comments about this Mexican Chicken Salad below!