Keto Chicken Broccoli Soup
This is a delicious creamy low carb chicken broccoli soup recipe! This keto soup turned out to be surprisingly delicious and yet so simple. It is made with only a handful of simple ingredients, but it turns out to have a highly satisfying flavor and aroma. Broccoli happens to be one of my favorite dark green vegetables. And, it is a vegetable that grows in the fall! Therefore, this keto chicken broccoli soup is an excellent choice for making fresh fall broccoli soups.
While I really like eating soup in the cooler fall and winter months, I do not enjoy guzzling all of the sodium that most store bought soups contain to help preserve their freshness. So, one of the awesome things about making your own keto soup or low carb soup is that you can control how much salt you add. And, of course, the taste is way fresher that soup from a can. So, I hope you get to enjoy this low carb chicken broccoli soup recipe as well!
This low carb chicken broccoli soup recipe is basically chicken and broccoli with a few key seasonings that you likely have in the cabinet or fridge. It is prepared in basically two main steps. First, the chicken and then the vegetables.
The chicken is prepared with curry, onion, garlic, parsley, and broth.
- Chicken – I used boneless chicken thighs to make this recipe. However, chicken breast will work out just as well.
- Curry – This is an incredibly delicious spice that is made a variety of ways to mimic authentic “curry” blends from around the world. The curry powder used in this recipe is a Jamaican Curry Blend.
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic is super fresh and adds the most flavor. However, the recipe was made simple by adding powdered garlic.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley was used in the recipe. If you decide to used dried parsley flakes they may float to the top of your soup making it “look” less appetizing. However, it should taste all the same.
- Broth – A simple chicken bouillon cube is used to make the chicken broth. But you can use any premade chicken broth that you like. The broth is used to salt the chicken as well. So, keep this in mind if you decide to use a low sodium chicken broth.
A cream is used to finalize the soup base made for this low carb chicken broccoli soup. The additional vegetables used include broccoli and mushrooms.
- Broccoli – Fresh broccoli was cut up and used in this delicious low carb chicken broccoli soup. Nevertheless, frozen broccoli can be substituted in for the fresh broccoli.
- Mushrooms – Frozen mushrooms were used in this recipe. But, if you have fresh mushrooms, go with the fresh mushrooms!
- Cream – A heavy whipping cream is used to thicken and finalize this yummy keto chicken broccoli soup recipe.
Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Soup
- Start by cutting the thawed chicken thighs into bite sized pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces in a skillet and season with curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, and yellow onions.
- Place the skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Saute until the chicken turns whitish in color indicating that it is cooked on the outside.
- Next, add half of the chicken broth. Then let the chicken simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Now you can add the broccoli pieces and mushroom pieces. Then, pour the remaining chicken broth in the skillet making sure that all of the broccoli pieces are submerged in liquids.
- After broccoli becomes tender, you can add the heavy whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil and then do a taste test to see if more seasoning is needed.
- Serve this low carb chicken broccoli soup in a bowl.
If you have any questions or comments about this low carb chicken broccoli soup recipe, please feel free to ask in a comment below. You know where to find more low carb soup recipes. But, that is all there is to this simple low carb broccoli chicken soup recipe.