Low Carb Grocery List for Newbies
When starting a low carb diet, one of the first things many people ask for is a low carb grocery list! It is always great to see people trying to improve their health in one way or another! While a keto diet is a low carb diet, a keto low carb grocery list will not be the same as a basic low carb grocery list.
So, if you are aiming for the keto low carb diet, subscribe now to get our emails. Before downloading or printing the low carb grocery list, be sure you know the difference between a keto diet and low carb diet. In this way, you can proceed accordingly and get the expected results.
In short, a keto diet is a strict low carb diet that requires a high fat diet to compensate. A traditional low carb diet is low carb, but does not severely limit your carb intake. Therefore, you can enjoy low carb vegetables regularly without worrying about going over your daily carb allowance. So, a low carb diet can be likened to a lean meats and low carb veggies diet. With this diet, you do not have to be concerned with eating increased amounts of fat. So this will be a key difference between this low carb grocery list on this page and the keto low carb grocery list.
How to Shop on a Budget?
A great way to save time and stick within a low carb diet budget is by using online grocery delivery, curbside pick-up, or use a local grocery delivery service. In this way, you will not make impulse purchases and you will know exactly how much you are spending before you check out!
The basic low carb grocery list is available for download at the bottom of this page. However, I will include the basic low carb grocery list on the page as well with links for more information as needed.
- Chicken Breast, Thighs, or Legs
- Turkey Brats, Legs, or Necks
- Ground Beef (Zucchini Chili Recipe), Spaghetti Squash Recipe)
- Deli Meat
- Cabbage (Chicken Cabbage Recipe)
- Zucchini (Creamy Ranch Zucchini)
- Green Beans (Easy Green Bean Recipe)
- Brussels Sprouts (Creamy Brussel Sprouts w/Garlic, Bacon and Shrimp Recipe)
- Okra (Chicken, Sausage, and Shrimp Gumbo (Southern Soup) Recipe)
- Broccoli (Asian Shrimp & Broccoli Recipe)
- Cucumbers (Basic Cucumber Salad)
- Jicama (tastes more like a semi-sweet apple)
- Any fruit in the “-berry” family are okay in moderation (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries).
- Water (Low Carb Water)
- Coffee (Recipes, Reviews, & More)
- Sugar- Free Coffee Creamer
- Sugar-Free Energy Drink Mix (Low Carb Drinks)
- Unsweetened Almond Milk (Almond Milk Health Benefits)
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Microwave Pork Rinds
- Almonds 100 Calorie Packs
- Peanuts To-Go-Packs (Low Carb Nuts List)
- Cashews, Walnuts, or Low Carb Nuts
- Cheese Sticks (Low Carb Cheese List)
- Beef Jerky Sticks
- Cello Whisp Crackers
- Tuna To-Go-Pouch
- Pickles To-Go-Cups
- Almond Flour (Health Benefits of Almond Flour)
- Baking Powder
- Cream Cheese
- Sugar Substitute (Sugar Substitute Guide)
- Cheese (Different Kinds of Cheese)
- Eggs (Are Eggs Low Carb?)
So, that’s it for now! If you are a low carber, what else do you have on your low carb grocery list. If you check out some of our low carb recipes, you may need to add a few more groceries to the list based on what you like. Please like this post below. You can also “Like” and “Follow” us on Facebook and Instagram.
Download PDF: Low Carb Grocery List