Keto Asian Black Pepper Chicken
This low carb Asian black pepper chicken recipe is one of the earliest recipes shared on the Low Carb Diet Life blog. Although not a very authentic black pepper chicken recipe, it is simple and delicious! Therefore, it was decided that this recipe remained when the blog was converted to a meal planner. Nevertheless, the recipe was later modified to an authentic keto black pepper chicken recipe.
The recipe shared below is prepare with only a few key ingredients. Then, the flavor is made to really pop with some really fresh and flavorful cut green onions. This is definitely a simple on-the-go recipe! However, this low carb Asian black pepper chicken recipe would also go nicely with our low carb chicken cabbage recipe. This is of course assuming that you have time to sit down and enjoy a delicious low carb meal.
Using a skillet, boneless skinless chicken thighs are marinated and seasoned with soy sauce, olive oil, black pepper, and garlic powder. Then, a dash of sea salt is added. However, you may or may not want to add the dash of Mediterranean salt because soy sauce is already pretty salty. The boneless skinless chicken thighs are then placed on the stove to cook for about 25 – 30 minutes. Afterwards, you can eat this low carb Asian black pepper chicken all by itself or with one of the keto side dish recipes.
Low Carb Asian Black Pepper Chicken Recipe
- Marinate both sides of the chicken in a skillet with soy sauce, olive oil, and water.
- Next, season both sides of the chicken with black pepper, garlic powder, and a little salt.
- Place the skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid. (If you want to make it spicy, add fresh cut jalapeno pepper slices or chunks.
- After the meat cooks for about 15 minutes, flip the chicken over to allow the other side to cook all the way.
- Once the meat is cooked, you can serve it on a plate and then add fresh cut green onions to garnish and complete the flavor combination.
This is an easy low carb Asian black pepper chicken recipe! Even though it may not be “authentic” the taste of this yummy recipe is very comparable to the taste of Asian black pepper chicken that I have purchased at a popular Asian food chain restaurant. So, I hope you get to enjoy making and eating this low carb Asian black pepper chicken recipe soon.