Spicy Zucchini Chili
With the weather being cold, windy, and rainy, it is time to share a low carb chili recipe! This is a low carb zucchini chili made with a little spicy cayenne pepper to help keep you warm. This low carb chili recipe is simple to make with only a few main ingredients. However, as one of our first keto recipes shared, it is a comparatively large recipe. Therefore, if needed or wanted, you can reduce the number of servings for this low carb chili recipe to make the recipe fit your needs. You could also freeze some of this low carb chili for a super convenient low carb meal another day. So, let’s get to the ingredient details for this spicy zucchini chili.
The ingredients used to make this keto low carb chili recipe includes ground meat, salt, garlic, onions, cayenne pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Ground Meat – Both ground beef and ground turkey sausage are used to make this low carb chili recipe. Ground turkey sausage naturally has a delicious flavor on its own. So, the turkey sausage adds a unique depth of flavor to the chili.
- Salt – You can use a TexJoy Seasoning Salt or a sea salt to add salt to the ground meats.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic would be wonderful. But, a garlic powder is used to keep things simple.
- Onion – A freshly chopped onion would also be an awesome addition to this low carb chili recipe. However, the recipe includes onion powder.
- Cayenne Pepper – Powdered cayenne pepper was added to spice things up a bit. However, a jalapeno pepper or a serrano pepper would really turn this low carb chili recipe into a spicy zucchini chili.
- Zucchini – Once fresh zucchini is sliced and combined with the cooked ground meats.
- Tomato – This recipe uses a can of diced tomatoes and a small can of tomato sauce. You can easily make this low carb chili recipe more keto-friendly by omitting the tomatoes and using a keto tomato sauce instead.
- Cheese – A mild shredded cheddar cheese or a shredded American cheese can be used as a topping for this low carb chili. However, the cheese is completely optional.
Low Carb Chili Recipe – Spicy Zucchini Chili
- Add both the beef ground meat and turkey sausage ground meat into a skillet.
- Season the meat with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook the ground meats over a medium to low temperature on the stove.
- Once cooked, use a colander to drain the excess fat from the meat. Then set the meat aside.
- Next, use the empty skillet to sauté the zucchini for a minute or two.
- Then add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and cooked ground meats back to the skillet.
- Let the mixture simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes before removing the skillet from the heat.
- Serve in a bowl with a spoon to enjoy while it is hot.
If you are interested in more ground beef low carb meal recipes, check out our keto ground beef stroganoff, low carb meatballs, orange beef and broccoli, or low carb spaghetti. In addition to these simple low carb meals, you may also enjoy the low carb mexican salad, cheeseburger salad, bunless burger, and cheeseburger pizza.
I hope you enjoy this low carb chili recipe as much as I did! It is hard to go wrong with a spicy zucchini chili recipe because it is low carb and very filling. Besides a zucchini chili, you may enjoy the black pepper ranch zucchini, sausage zucchini skillet, parmesan zucchini, or keto zucchini bread. What kind of low carb vegetable do you like to include in your low carb chili recipe?