Low Carb Chili Recipe – Spicy Zucchini Chili
With the weather being cold, windy, and rainy, it is time to share a low carb chili recipe! This is a low carb zucchini chili made with a little spicy cayenne pepper to help keep you warm. If you are on a keto diet, scroll to the bottom to see how you can make this recipe even more keto-friendly.
This low carb chili recipe is simple to make with only a few main ingredients. I used two meats including ground beef and ground turkey sausage. Ground turkey sausage has a nice flavor on its own, so it adds a nice unique depth of flavor to the chili.
Then, I added zucchini, tomatoes, and minced garlic to add some color and get some vegetable fiber. Powdered cayenne pepper was added along with some other seasonings to spice things up a bit.
Low Carb Spicy Zucchini Chili
Stove: Medium-High | Cook: 25-35 mins | Serves: 2
- 16 oz. Ground Beef
- 8 oz. Ground Turkey Sausage
- 1/4 tsp. TexJoy Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Chives
- 1 Small Zucchini
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- Add both the beef ground meat and turkey sausage ground meat into a skillet.
- Add the TexJoy Seasoning to the skillet along with powder garlic, powder onion, and dried chives.
- Stir, cover, and cook over medium-high. Stir every 8-10 minutes to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Using strainer, drain the excess fat from the meat and then set the meat aside.
- Next, using the empty skillet, saute zucchini, diced tomato, minced garlic, and cayenne pepper. Add a little water if needed.
- Lastly, stir in the cooked, drained meat along with a small can of tomato sauce.
- Serve in a bowl with a spoon to enjoy while it is hot.
You can easily make this low carb chili recipe keto-friendly by omitting the tomatoes and using a keto tomato sauce instead. The “Yo Mama’s” marina sauce contains no added sugar, low sodium, and gluten free.
If you are interested in more ground beef low carb meal recipes, check out our keto ground beef stroganoff, low carb meatballs, orange beef and broccoli, or low carb spaghetti. In addition to these simple low carb meals, you may also enjoy the low carb mexican salad, cheeseburger salad, bunless burger, and cheeseburger pizza.
I hope you enjoy this low carb chili recipe as much as I did! It is hard to go wrong with a spicy zucchini chili recipe because it is low carb and very filling. Besides a zucchini chili, what is your favorite low carb vegetable to add to your favorite low carb chili recipe?