On-The-Go Moringa High Protein, Low Carb Bars!
The Moringa high protein low carb bars are one of my “happy accident” recipes! I threw these together early this morning. I was expecting to have something simple and healthy that only I would enjoy eating to curb my appetite.
However, the Moringa high protein low carb bars turned out to have a pretty great taste! So, I decided to share the recipe with some people that are on a gluten-free diet.
The main ingredients are almond flour, peanut butter, and Moringa powder. All three are high in vegetable-based proteins and fiber. Moringa is high in fiber, iron, calcium, protein, and Vitamin C.
I shared some of the amazing Moringa Health Benefits, And Why Its Not Just Another Tea! earlier. And followed by a request for Moringa Products on one of our social media pages, I shared a page with a list of Moringa products available online.
So, lets get to the recipe!
Moringa High Protein, Low Carb Bars
Oven: 325 degrees | Bake: 30-35 mins | Serves: 12
1 C. Almond Flour
2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1 Tbsp. Moringa Powder
1/4 Tsp. Morton’s Sea Salt
2 Tbsp. Sugar-Free International Delight Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer (Gluten-Free)
2 Tbsp. Simply Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Tsp. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- Add almond flour, unsweetened coconut flakes, Moringa powder, sugar-free chocolate chips, monk fruit sweetener, and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir until dry ingredients are well-mixed.
- Next, add all of the the remaining moist ingredients.
- Stir until a cookie dough-like paste is formed.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Dump mixture into the center of the parchment paper.
- Using clean, dry hands form the dough into a flat square or rectangle until it is about 1.5 inches thick.
- Slice the dough using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Place in oven until cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- When cutting the raw dough, attempt to just imprint the bars to make them look clean cut. Otherwise, the coconut flakes will drag across the dough leaving a more jagged appearance.
- If you try to handle the Moringa high protein low carb bars before they are completely cool, they will crumble.
- Using your hands will help you shape the bars into a true square or rectangle. Alternatively, you could cover the cookie dough with another sheet of parchment paper and flatten with a rolling pin.
If you are new to the Low Carb Diet Life Blog, you can read Monk Fruit Reviews, Lily’s Chocolate Reviews, and Almond Flour Health Benefits. But before you click to another page, hit the like button, share, subscribe, and/or leave a comment. That’s all for now! I hope you all enjoy the Moringa high protein low carb bars as much as I do.