Keto Green Bean Recipe
This keto green bean recipe is an easy green bean recipe that anyone on a keto diet or low carb diet can make! It takes all of about 5 minutes to prepare a recipes like one of these keto green bean side dish recipes. You can literally toss all of the ingredients in a small pot to let everything cook. Then, you can be eating one of these easy green bean keto side dish recipes in about 15 minutes.
Often being on the go, this easy green bean recipe has been one of my favorite keto meals to fix before crashing out at the end of a really busy day. So, I have eaten this easy green bean recipe several times over the years as a keto meal. After munching on healthy keto snacks throughout the day, it is just a simple way to end the day. So, let’s do a quick run through the ingredients used to make this easy green bean recipe.
The ingredients used to make this keto green bean side dish recipe includes green beans, sausage, onion, garlic, black pepper, olive oil, and salt.
- Green Beans – While I prefer fresh green beans, I keep “back up” frozen vegetables in the freezer for nights like this one. Green beans are high fiber, low carb vegetables. One cup of cooked green beans contain about 10 carbs before adjusting for the dietary fiber. While green beans contains many vitamins and minerals, it is highest in manganese and vitamins K and C.
- Sausage – A turkey sausage is used in the recipe. However, you should use a sausage link with a flavor that you know you will like because it sets the tone for this easy green bean recipe.
- Onions – Fresh yellow onions will give you a nice flavor. However, frozen onions or white onions can be used in this keto side dish recipe as well.
- Garlic – Minced garlic from a jar can be used. However, freshly minced pieces of garlic will give you a stronger garlicky flavor.
- Black Pepper – The black pepper gives this easy green bean recipe just enough spice to make you lips burn. If you eat spicy foods, you may not even notice the hint of spice that the black pepper adds to this easy green bean recipe.
- Salt – I did not add any extra salt to this recipe because the sausage adds enough.
Easy Green Bean Recipe
- Place the olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Then add the green beans, sausage, onions, garlic, black pepper, and salt to the skillet.
- Gently stir the ingredients together.
- Sauté the ingredients over medium heat until the green beans are tender.
- Remove from the stove and eat while warm.
Many of my one-dish low carb meals make excellent keto side dishes for people with a larger family. But for me, it’s a meal because I may eat most of the pot for dinner. Therefore, you can make this easy green bean recipe as a meal or a keto side dish recipe.