Low Carb Spaghetti Squash
Low carb spaghetti squash can be used to make a very delicious and satisfying low carb Italian dish! Low carb spaghetti squash recipes can seem a little intimidating at first. But, if you can boil an egg, you can make simple low carb spaghetti squash recipes! This low carb spaghetti squash recipe can serve 1 – 3 people depending on your daily calorie requirements and the size of your spaghetti squash. It may also depend on what keto garlic bread or other keto breads you may decide to eat with this.
I shared about 1/4 of this recipe with some of my little nieces and nephews and they really enjoyed it! So, low carb spaghetti squash recipes can be a great way to help your kids eat their veggies without them even realizing it. One of my nephews is an extremely picky eater. He loves pizza. So, with the flavor of this recipe, he actually liked and ate it.
This spaghetti squash recipe is prepared like a traditional spaghetti. Therefore, it has an Italian herb flavor. The meat for this low carb spaghetti squash is seasoned with salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper powder, Italian seasoning, basil, and yellow onions. Once the meat has been cooked and drained, you can then add the tomato sauce.
You can top this low carb spaghetti squash recipe with a fresh basil leaves, fresh diced Roma tomatoes, and a shredded Italian cheese. This squash is filled with the meat sauce and then topped with an Italian Cheese blend. It is then sprinkled with a few fresh diced tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
You will have enough meat to use both halves of a large spaghetti squash. So, you can either prepare have the recipe shared below or used two different pots to boil the spaghetti squash halves simultaneously. Using a large knife, cut the squash in half from top to bottom. Then, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Next, place one half in a pot of hot water and covered it with a lid. You can carefully flip the squash over to make sure that all the noodles are tender. Otherwise, you can eat an al dente version of the spaghetti squash. It is good with a little bit of a crunchy texture as well.
Low Carb Spaghetti Squash
- 1/4 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp. Basil (Fresh, Optional)
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half.
- Remove the seeds from half of the squash. Refrigerate and store the other half (if you are only preparing half).
- Place the half with the seeds removed in a pot of water. Cover the pot with a lid and start bringing the water to a boil.
- Once cooked, use a colander to drain all of the excess water from the squash.
- Once the water has been removed, let the squash sit.
- While the squash is boiling, you can place the thawed ground beef in a skillet.
- Add seasoning salt, minced garlic, chopped onions, basil, and Italian blend seasoning.
- Thoroughly cook the ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Remove the ground beef from the heat and carefully drain any excess fat to discard.
- To make a spaghetti squash bowl, place the tomato sauce in a medium microwave safe container.
- Microwave for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup of ground beef to the tomato sauce.
- Stir and then pour into the cooked spaghetti squash.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella or Italian cheese blend.
- Top with fresh diced tomatoes and fresh chopped basil.
This recipe can be a delight to eat! You can find more keto Italian ground beef recipes or another one of the keto meals to prepare. If you have never eaten spaghetti squash before, I hope you enjoy making and eating this low carb spaghetti squash recipe.