Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Recipes – No. 1
Low carb spaghetti squash recipes can seem a little intimidating at first. But, if you can boil an egg, you can make simple low carb spaghetti squash recipes! So, let’s get start with one of our first low carb spaghetti squash recipes!
I used half of one large spaghetti squash to prepare this low carb dish. Using a large knife, I cut the squash in half from top to bottom. Then, I used a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Next, I placed one half in a pot of hot water and covered with a lid. I then flipped the squash over to make sure that none of the noodles turned out crunchy.
I made this spaghetti squash recipe like a traditional spaghetti. Therefore, it has an Italian herb flavor. I used garlic, onion, basil, and an Italian seasoning blends to prepare the meat.
Once the meat cooked, I warmed one small can of tomato sauce with a dash of cayenne pepper in the microwave. I then added about 1/2 cup of cooked & drained ground meat to the mixture before pouring it into the cooked spaghetti squash.
I then topped the meat sauce with an Italian Cheese blend. And sprinkled a few fresh diced tomatoes on top of the cheese along with ideally fresh basil. Since, I forgot to get a fresh green herb topper, I simply used dried herbs to finalize the garnish.
1/2 Spaghetti Squash
1 Small Package of Ground Beef
Seasoning Salt Blend
1 tsp. Garlic
Powdered Cayenne Pepper (optional)
2 tbsp. Chopped Onions
2 tsp. Italian Blend Seasoning
1 tsp. Fresh Basil (optional)
1 Small Can of Tomato Sauce
Mozzarella or Italian Cheese Blend
1 Small Roma Tomato
- Cut spaghetti squash in half.
- Remove the seeds from one half of the squash.
- Place in a pot of hot water, cover, and start bringing to a boil.
- Once cooked, drain all of the excess water away from the squash.
- Once water has been removed, let cool briefly.
- Then, carefully remove spaghetti squash with a towel and oven mitts.
- Place on a serving plate or platter.
- Meanwhile, place thawed ground beef in a skillet.
- Add seasoning salt, minced garlic, chopped onions, basil, and Italian blend seasoning.
- Thoroughly cook ground beef over medium-high heat until cooked well.
- Remove from heat and carefully drain the excess fat and discard.
- Place tomato sauce in a medium microwave safe container.
- Microwave for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup of ground beef to the tomato sauce.
- Stir and then pour into the cooked spaghetti squash.
- Sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella or Italian Cheese Blend.
- Top with fresh diced tomatoes and chopped basil.
The low carb spaghetti squash recipes “No. 1” can serve 1 – 3 people depending on your daily calorie requirements and the size of your spaghetti squash. It may also depend on what low carb garlic bread or sides you may decide to eat with this.
I shared about 1/4 of this recipe with some of my little nieces and nephews and they really enjoyed it! So, low carb spaghetti squash recipes can be a great way to help your kids eat their veggies without them even realizing it. One of my nephews is an extremely picky eater. He loves pizza, so he actually liked and ate this recipe.
I shared, however, I was quite capable of eating the entire thing by myself. Spaghetti squash makes a very delicious and satisfying low carb Italian dish! Therefore, I hope to share more low carb spaghetti squash recipes with you.
I forgot the fresh greens for garnish, so I simply sprinkled it with dried herbs instead. However, fresh basil would have been a really nice topper to add. Have you eaten spaghetti squash before? If so, what are some of your favorite low carb spaghetti squash recipes?