Creamy Low Carb Brussel Sprouts Recipe w/Garlic, Bacon, and Shrimp
Fresh or frozen, this low carb brussel sprouts recipe is super delicious and easy to make! And I must admit that brussel sprouts are not my favorite low carb vegetable to eat! So, you can be sure that this creamy low carb brussel sprouts recipe has a great combination of flavors.
I made this creamy low carb brussel sprouts recipe to eat as a meal. So, I added bacon and shrimp to get some protein. However, you can make this as a simple low carb side dish as well.
First, I started by adding a creamy Alfredo sauce to a skillet with a little water. Next, I added shrimp, garlic, and brussel sprouts. And lastly, I chopped two slices of bacon and added them to the skillet over medium-high heat. Simply cover with a lid and let it cook. You should stir it every so often to make sure that everything cooks evenly.
Creamy Low Carb Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Time: 15 mins | Cook: 10 – 15 min | Heat: Medium | Serves: 1 -4
1 – 12 oz. Bag of Brussel Sprouts (frozen)
1/2 c. Alfredo Sauce
1 c. Water
1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 Slices of Bacon
8 – 10 Medium Shrimp
- Add all ingredients to a skillet.
- Stir and cover with a lid.
- Bring to a light boil and let simmer.
- Warm ingredients until thawed and cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper (if needed) to fit your taste.
Make sure that you stir it a few times to make sure that the bacon and shrimp are cooked thoroughly. And voila! You have a simple low carb brussell sprout recipes! Our creamy low carb brussel sprouts recipe makes a wonderful low carb side dish. However, to me, this is an easy, yet delicious one-dish low carb meal.
If you are concerned about the plating presentation, simply prepare the low carb brussel sprouts recipe in this way.
- Remove bacon fat from 2 strips of bacon and set fat aside.
- Cook the two slices of bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Then, set cooked bacon aside.
- Saute most of your thawed shrimp in bacon grease until cooked well.
- Remove from skillet and set aside
- Finally, add bacon fat, uncooked shrimp, Alfredo sauce, water, and brussel sprouts to skillet.
- Place over medium heat and let simmer until cooked.
- Plate the brussel sprouts in a shallow bowl first and then garnish with cooked bacon and shrimp.
If you want the latest news and updates follow us on Instagram. For those of you too busy to grocery shop, you can order your ingredients from SHIPT (a new local grocery delivery service) or Amazon Fresh. Please let me know what you think of this low carb brussel sprouts recipe!