Creamy Low Carb Brussel Sprouts Recipe w/Garlic, Bacon, and Shrimp
Fresh or frozen, this low carb brussel sprouts recipe is super delicious and easy to make! And I must admit that brussel sprouts are not my favorite low carb vegetable to eat! So, you can be sure that this creamy low carb brussel sprouts recipe has a great combination of flavors.
I made this creamy low carb brussel sprouts recipe to eat as a meal. So, I added bacon and shrimp to get some protein. However, you can make this as a simple side dish as well.
First, I started by adding a creamy Alfredo sauce to a skillet with a little water. Next, I added shrimp, garlic, and brussel sprouts. And lastly, I chopped two slices of bacon and added them to the skillet over medium-high heat. Simply cover with a lid and let it cook. You should stir it every so often to make sure that everything cooks evenly.
Creamy Low Carb Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Time: 15 mins | Cook: 10 – 15 min | Heat: Medium | Serves: 1 -4
1 – 12 oz. Bag of Brussel Sprouts (frozen)
1/2 c. Alfredo Sauce
1 c. Water
1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 Slices of Bacon
8 – 10 Medium Shrimp
- Add all ingredients to a skillet.
- Stir and cover with a lid.
- Bring to a light boil and let simmer.
- Warm ingredients until thawed and cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper (if needed) to fit your taste.
Make sure that you stir it a few times to make sure that the bacon and shrimp are cooked thoroughly. And voila! You have a simple low carb brussell sprout recipes! Our creamy low carb brussel sprouts recipe makes a wonderful low carb side dish. However, to me, this is an easy, yet delicious one-dish low carb meal.
If you are concerned about the plating presentation, simply prepare the low carb brussel sprouts recipe in this way.
- Remove bacon fat from 2 strips of bacon and set fat aside.
- Cook the two slices of bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Then, set cooked bacon aside.
- Saute most of your thawed shrimp in bacon grease until cooked well.
- Remove from skillet and set aside
- Finally, add bacon fat, uncooked shrimp, Alfredo sauce, water, and brussel sprouts to skillet.
- Place over medium heat and let simmer until cooked.
- Plate the brussel sprouts in a shallow bowl first and then garnish with cooked bacon and shrimp.