Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
Being able to eat a delicious low carb pumpkin bread on a low carb diet is a real treat! It is even better when it can be enjoyed with our low carb cream cheese frosting recipe! So, be sure to check out our super easy and tasty low carb frosting recipe that can be adapted for other great low carb frosting recipes.
This low carb bread is very similar to our low carb carrot cake muffin recipe. The main difference is that we used 100% Pumpkin instead of carrots. Since, pumpkin is a not the lowest in carbs, I used less pumpkin, but enhanced the flavor of pumpkin by adding lots of pumpkin spice and pumpkin spice flavoring.
To maintain the rich pumpkin bread color, I added a little turmeric powder to contribute to the color. However, I do not taste the turmeric at all. So, you get all of the health benefits of pumpkin spice and the health benefits of turmeric. wrapped up in this wonderful low carb almond flour bread recipe.
Oven: 325 | Bake: 30 min | Serves: 4-6
1 c. Almond Flour (I used one like this.)
1 tsp. Baking Powder (I used this kind.)
1/8 tsp. Salt (regular iodized)
1/4 tsp. Organic Turmeric (Powdered)
1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Spice ( I use this kind.)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract (Use one like this.)
4 Tbsp. 100% Pumpkin (canned)
1 tbsp. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (I used this kind.)
1/2 c. Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer ( I used International Delight)
1 tbsp. Melted Salted Butter
Silicone Mold ( I use cake-shaped mold like this one.) The one in the image above is a jumbo sized muffin mold.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, turmeric, and pumpkin spice to a medium bowl.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of your wet ingredients together (vanilla extract, pumpkin, coconut oil, salted butter, egg and sugar-free pumpkin spice creamer).
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Stir all ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour into a rubber mold and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool while you make the the low carb cream cheese frosting.
Tips & Suggestions
- This is a really moist recipe, so let the muffins cool before removing from the mold. Otherwise, they may not come from the mold properly.
- If you make our low carb cream cheese frosting recipe, you can adapt it by adding sugar-free pumpkin creamer instead of vanilla.
- I have refrigerated my leftover low carb pumpkin bread for a couple of days to enjoy for a quick and easy breakfast on-the-go.
I hope you all enjoy making and eating this low carb pumpkin bread as much as I did. I am already waiting to make a second batch! Please like our post and share a comment about our low carb pumpkin bread recipe below.