Golden Milk Recipe (Low Carb Turmeric Milk Recipe)
This is a very delicious sweet and creamy low carb golden milk recipe! Just to be clear, a golden milk recipe is the same thing as a turmeric milk recipe. So, you are in good shape if you are looking for either one of these. A low carb golden milk recipe must essentially include only two things: (1) low carb milk and (2) turmeric.
However, since you have learned the health benefits of turmeric and the combination of factors that increase it “bioavailability,” we will take this turmeric milk recipe up a level. In case you overlooked some of the things that will increase the effectiveness of turmeric, I will briefly mention them again here.
- The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin.
- Curcumin accounts for only 3% of turmeric’s total composition.
- Piperine (a component found in black pepper) increases the effectiveness of curcumin.
- Turmeric (curcumin) is a fat soluble substance, so it is more effective in the presence of fat.
- And last, but not least, we need it to be a low carb golden milk recipe!
So, with all these things in mind, I hope you enjoy this low carb golden milk recipe as much as I do. I will keep it simple for now. However, I will announce that there is a wonderful low carb turmeric latte recipe in our SIMPLE Low Carb Life (Winter 2018 edition) available soon. Although the taste is uniquely pleasant and different, it competes well with a chai latte – one of my favorite fall and winter drinks. Nevertheless, you can look for my turmeric chocolate recipe here on the blog.
1 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk (I like this brand.)
1 tsp. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (I use this kind.)
1/2 tsp. Organic Turmeric (I like this brand.)
1/16 tsp. Black Pepper (I prefer this kind.)
Low Carb Sugar Substitute (optional) – Erythritol
- Heat the milk in a microwave safe coffee mug.
- Stir in turmeric and black pepper.
- Briskly stir in coconut oil until melted and blended.
- Add your preferred low carb sugar substitute of your choice.
- Stir and enjoy while warm.
Tips & Suggestions
- Unsweetened almond milk has a naturally pleasant and semi-sweet taste. Therefore, I do not use a sweetener with particular recipe. Especially with the aromatic coconut oil contributing to the flavor.
- Coconut oil can separate easily when not stirred well into a hot beverage. To keep it from separating, gently bring the unsweetened almond milk and unrefined coconut oil to a boil on the stove.
As you can see, this golden milk recipe has been enhanced to really capture the health benefits of turmeric. We added a healthy fat (coconut oil) and increase its bioavailability by adding black pepper. Therefore, you will also capture some of the health benefits of coconut oil and the health benefits of black pepper. This concludes out low carb golden milk recipe (turmeric milk recipe).