Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza Recipe
The low carb chicken crust pizza recipe has become a popular pizza crust option for people on a low carb diet or keto diet. As the name suggests, the main pizza crust ingredient is chicken. So, if you enjoy the taste of chicken, this low carb chicken crust pizza recipe will be a real treat!
I had heard about chicken crust pizza before, but I had never stopped to try it. Well, I had some leftover rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator the other day. So, I decided to see what I could do with some of the leftovers. I developed a simple low carb chicken crust pizza recipe!
The end result…
I was very impressed with the tasty results of this low carb chicken pizza crust recipe! The crust can be made with ground chicken meat or shredded chicken breast. Then, add cheese, Italian seasoning, and an egg. As mentioned, I used the white meat leftover from a store bought cooked rotisserie chicken and it turned out beautiful. Therefore, if you buy raw chicken breast, you will need to add a little seasoning salt when cooking the meat.
Oven: 325 degrees | Bake: 15-20 minutes | Serves: 1 -2
1/2 c. Finely Chopped Rotisserie Chicken (or Cooked Chicken Breast)
1/4 c. Pizza Cheese Combo (Provolone & Swiss)
1/2 tsp. Italian Blend Seasoning (I like this brand.)
1 Small Egg
- Preheat oven.
- Chop cooked chicken breast into pea-sized or smaller pieces. (Blending is another option.)
- Add your choice of cheese and Italian Blend seasoning mix.
- Stir in the egg until well-blended and sticky.
- Pour mixture onto the center of a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Using the back of a small spoon, flatten and shape the pizza into a circle until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake until the chicken and cheese brown slightly. (The image shows the back side of the pizza once it has been cooked.)
- Add your pizza toppings and then bake until your toppings are warm and the cheese is melted.
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy while hot.
The low carb chicken crust pizza recipe is good enough to eat by itself. However, I really enjoy the taste combination of spinach, shrimp, and chicken alfredo. Therefore, I used this crust to prepare an easy chicken alfredo pizza recipe. using the mentioned ingredients. All I can say is – Yum! I have one more low carb pizza crust idea to make and then I will provide you all with my review of each crust. I have already shared one of my almond flour pizza crust recipes with you. This concludes the low carb chicken crust pizza recipe.