Keto Spicy Pepperoni Pizza
While this keto spicy pepperoni pizza is anything but classic, it still has a classic pepperoni pizza flare. The unmistakable savory flavor of pepperoni is all you need. However, the spicy jalapenos and hidden cayenne powder, really kicks the taste of this keto spicy pepperoni pizza up a notch!
As a child, we always had pizza night on Thursday. However, as an adult pizza night sounds like a good idea every night! Especially when it’s one of our semi-healthy keto low carb pizza recipes like keto salami pizza, keto bbq chicken pizza or three meat keto pizza.
This keto spicy pepperoni pizza is made in 3-steps including (1) the crust, (2) the sauce, and (3) the toppings. The crust starts with a basic almond flour cheese blend. With the crust being an almond flour cheese blend, this pizza is approved for the keto diet, low carb diet, and diabetic diet to reverse type 2 diabetes without medication. Next, things are kicked up a notch with a generous amount of cayenne pepper powder being added to the tomato sauce. And lastly, the classic cheese and pepperoni are added along with the less classic spicy jalapeno slices.
I used pickled jalapeno slices because it is what I had in the fridge. However, if you are a brave and true jalapeno fan you can certainly add freshly sliced jalapenos to this keto spicy pepperoni pizza. It will definitely add a memorably fresh jalapeno pizza flare with a lot more spice. So, let’s get to it.
Spicy Pepperoni Pizza
Temp: 325 | Bake: 15 Mins | Serves: 3
- 1 c. Almond Flour
- 1 tsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 c. Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 2 tbsp. 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Medium Egg
- 3 tbsp. Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
- First, place the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, onion powder, garlic powder, shredded parmesan cheese, shredded Italian cheese blend in a small mixing bowl. Stir until the dry ingredients are mixed together.
- Now, add the olive oil, almond milk, and egg to the mixture. Stir until blended.
- Flatten the almond flour pizza dough on a pizza pan or cookie sheet until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the pizza crust in the oven to bake.
- Meanwhile, mix tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and Italian Blend Seasoning in a small bowl.
- Once the pizza crust is cooked, remove it from the oven.
- Now you can spread the tomato mixture across the cooked pizza crust. Be careful to remember that the pan will still be hot.
- Next, add pepperoni slices, shredded cheese, and sliced jalapeno.
- Place the spicy pepperoni pizza in the oven until the cheese melts and the other pizza toppings are warm.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy the pizza while it is hot.
Keep in mind that you can also easily adapt this recipe to make a traditional pepperoni pizza without the spice by omitting the spicy ingredients. Please like, share, and subscribe below. I hope you enjoy this keto spicy pepperoni pizza.