Low Carb Pumpkin Cookies
This is a simple low carb pumpkin cookies recipe for you to make! These low carb pumpkin cookies are a soft batch of cookies! They are not rock hard or crunchy. Since they are made with pumpkin spice, you capture some of the health benefits of pumpkin spice.
I do not like the taste of most artificial sweeteners, therefore, I did not add any sugar substitutes or sweeteners to this recipe. Instead, I enjoyed these low carb pumpkin cookies with about a tablespoon of light cool whip (whipped cream).
Nevertheless, many people enjoy low carb sugar substitutes. Therefore, depending on your dietary restrictions and needs, you can add a little natural sugar (unsweetened applesauce) or a sugar substitute. Erythritol, Stevia, and Xylitol are popular low carb sugar substitutes used by many people on a low carb diet.
I used regular pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in this recipe. So, if you intend to add pumpkin seeds, you can use a tablespoon of these pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds for some added sweetness. They have a little added sugar added, so this may give your cookies just enough sugar to make this batch of low carb pumpkin cookies taste sweet.
Okay, so lets start making these simple low carb pumpkin cookies!
Prep: 30 mins | Yields: 24 Cookies | Oven: 325 degrees | Bake: 15 – 20 mins
1 c. Almond Flour
2 tbsp. 100% Pumpkin
2 tsp. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Small Egg
Regular Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
Sweetened Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
Sunflower Seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven.
- Combine almond flour, pumpkin spice, and sugar substitute.
- Add coconut oil, vanilla, and 100% pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling).
- Stir in the egg.
- Roll the dough into nickel sized balls.
- Place balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Leave about 2 inches between the low carb pumpkin cookies.
- Flatten cookies using a rolling pin and a sheet of parchment paper.
- Add optional pumpkin and sunflower seeds to the tops.
- Place in oven to bake until they are a light brown color.
- Remove low carb pumpkin cookies from the oven and let cool.
- Enjoy with light cool whip.
I hope you enjoy these low carb pumpkin cookies. They are very low carb because they are made with an almond flour and no sugar substitutes. Therefore, you can enjoy half a dozen or more without any guilt. However, if you prefer a sweet-tasting cookie, you will need to use a sugar substitute. Sugar substitutes are really sweet tasting. This concludes the simple low carb pumpkin cookies recipe.