Low Carb Pizza Crust Recipe (Almond Flour)
Some have asked for a low carb pizza crust recipe, while others have ask for a low carb pizza recipe. So, I am sharing my favorite low carb pizza crust recipe with you first. Then, I will share some low carb pizza recipes with you later.
However, you can find the entire pizza and crust recipe inside the SIMPLE – Fall 2018 Edition of our low carb magazine. You should be able to download a copy for free.
Almond flour is an excellent flour substitute for pizza crust! This low carb pizza crust recipe does not have a doughy consistency. It makes a thin-crust, semi-crunchy gourmet style pizza crust. But, it is simple to make!
Serves: 1 – 2 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Oven: 350 degrees | Bake: 10 – 15
1 c. Almond Flour
1 tsp. Sea Salt (optional)
1-1/2 tsp. Oregano Leaves
1-1/2 tsp. Basil Leaves
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 tsp. Olive Oil
1 Large Egg
- Add flour, Italian blend, basil, and sea salt into small bowl.
- Gently stir until well blended.
- Add egg, olive oil, and minced garlic.
- Stir until you have blended all the ingredients well.
- You should have a cookie dough like mixture.
- To Make 1 Large Pizza:
- Roll the dough into one large ball.
- Place on top of parchment lined pizza pan.
- Cover with parchment paper.
- Use rolling pin to flatten crust until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- To Make 2 Small Pizzas:
- Split the dough in half.
- Roll into separate balls.
- Place on top of parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Cover one with parchment paper.
- Use rolling pin to flatten to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Flatten second ball of dough with parchment paper and rolling pin.
If you want a softer crust, preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Then, bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the crust is a light brown color. You can even flip the crust half way through the baking process.
Remember you will have to “bake” or warm it again after adding your low carb pizza recipe toppings. So, do not overcook the crust.
This low carb pizza crust recipe is actually the same recipe used to make one of our low carb crackers! So, if you have been missing out on eating pizza, bread, and crackers, you are in for a real treat with some of our upcoming recipes. Stay-tuned for more low carb pizza crust recipes.