Low Carb Chocolate Coconut Green Tea Chai Latte Recipe
The Low Carb Chocolate Coconut Green Tea Chai Latte recipe is simple to make! Even though the name is a mouthful, the taste of chai tea and the health benefits of the different kinds of tea makes the name worthy of using.
Therefore, this post will start with a quick introduction about the ingredients used.
I started out with unsweetened almond milk and distilled water to keep this green tea chai latte recipe low carb. Then, I steeped a chai green tea bag in hot water using a traditional tea cup. In this way, you can maximize the flavor of the tea and capture as many of the health benefits of chai tea as possible. Plus, your drink will stay hotter longer.
Next, I removed the chai tea bag and added cacao powder and extra virgin coconut oil. The health benefits of chocolate include making us feel good. Therefore, it just seemed like a good ingredient to add to this cup of goodness.
Since coconut oil is healthy, fragrant, delicious and contribute to weight loss, I enhanced the flavor of this green tea chai latte recipe even more with it. There are many additional health benefits of eating coconut oil. However, for now, keep in mind that unrefined extra virgin coconut oil is the only kind recommended for eating. Coconut oil that has been refined is not recommended.
3/4 c. Almond Milk
1/2 c. Distilled Water
2 Bags Chai Green Tea ( I used this kind.)
1 tsp. Cacao Powder (This is an organic brand.)
1 tsp. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil ( I prefer eating this brand.)
1-2 tsp. Sugar-Free Hazelnut or Vanilla Syrup (optional)
- Using a medium tea cup with lid, warm the milk and water until hot.
- Add tea bag(s). Let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Using another coffee or tea cup, add cacao powder and coconut oil.
- Stir the cacao powder and coconut oil until blended.
- Pour hot steeped tea over cacao mixture.
- Stir until well-blended.
I took the picture while the chai green tea bag was still steeping. Therefore, the end result looks like a milky cocoa that is spiced with the flavors of chai tea.This is a green tea chai latte recipe for the adventurous. However, a person does not have to be on a low carb diet to enjoy the health benefits. You may prefer to start with a simple chai latte recipe.
A few tips:
- Use 2 bags of tea to make the chai flavor stronger or use half of the recommended liquids.
- If you prefer a milky chai latte, keep everything the same and add a sugar-free creamer to fit your taste.
- If you fail to blend the coconut oil with cacao powder first, you may end up with coconut oil and chocolate floaties in your cup.
- Coconut oil is a solid at 76 degrees. It melts easily, but it can be time-consuming when you are in a rush. And it will solidify once the beverage starts cooling. Therefore, if your kitchen stays cool, you may prefer a liquid unrefined fractionated coconut oil.
This concludes the low carb chocolate coconut green tea chai latte recipe.