Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte
During the fall, a low carb pumpkin spice latte is one of my favorite comfort foods! In fact, just about anything with pumpkin or spice seems comforting. As we wait for the cooler winter months, you can learn how to make pumpkin spice latte. This low carb pumpkin spice latte has only 20 calories, 2g carbs, and 1.5g fat.
When you taste this creamy low carb pumpkin spice latte, you will find it hard to believe that it is a low carb, low fat drink! Plus, this is a super easy low carb pumpkin spice recipe for you to try. You need only a few ingredients that can definitely be used in other recipes.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin spice is a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and all spice. So, you can make your own pumpkin spice blend if needed. However, the pumpkin spice is a more convenient option. Most of the ingredients can be purchased from your local grocery store.
- 1 Tbsp. 100% Pumpkin (I like this brand.)
- 1/4 Tsp. Pumpkin Spice (I used this one.)
- 1/2 Tsp. Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup (I like this brand.)
- 1/2 c. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (I like this one.)
- 1/4 c. Brewed Coffee (Pods or Regular Grounds)
- 1 dash of Pure Ground Black Pepper (I used this one.)
- Water (optional)
- Place the pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and sugar-free vanilla syrup in a small coffee cup.
- Using a spoon, blend the mixture together.
- Add the unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Stir until smooth. Then, bring to a boil until it foams.
- Next, add your brewed coffee.
This low carb pumpkin spice latte recipe really is simple! Right? A few suggestion on how to make pumpkin spice latte.
- You can adjust the pumpkin spice or add more syrup to fit your taste.
- If you want a thinner latte, just add water.
- To add more color, use more pumpkin. Just keep in mind that you will also be adding more carbs.
- And lastly, you probably do not want to use a really strong brew of coffee. The coffee I used was brewed to a dark tea color, not super dark or rich like an expresso.
That’s it for now. Try the recipe and let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy this low carb pumpkin spice latte recipe as much as I do.