Spicy Deviled Eggs Recipe
This spicy deviled eggs recipe is one of my favorite low carb comfort foods! It is relatively easy to make and refrigerate for snacking purposes. Therefore, I will get right to the ingredients for my spicy deviled eggs recipe. However, you can read more about eggs low carb nutrition and how to choose eggs at the store.
I prepare my spicy deviled eggs recipe with a combination of 3 different tasty peppers! I use cayenne pepper, jalapeno pepper, and black pepper. In addition, I add green onions and fresh minced pickles. Next, I add just enough mayonnaise and mustard to make the boiled egg yolk into a paste-like texture. And finally, I add a dash of sea salt. The result is yummy!
Keep in mind that, except for the egg, all of the ingredients are optional. Therefore, if you do not care for mayonnaise or mustard, use one and not the other. Similarly, if you do not like one of the peppers, simply omit it from the recipe or substitute it for a spicy pepper that you like.
12 Spicy Deviled Eggs
2 – 4
6 Large Boiled Eggs
1 Fresh Green Onion
1/2 Tsp. Cayenne Powder ( I used this one)
1/8 Tsp. Black Pepper ( I use this kind)
1- 11/2 Tbsp. Jalapeno (I use a jar like this)
1 Tbsp. Dill Pickle Relish (I make my own using this)
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise (I use this brand)
1/2 Tbsp. Mustard (I use this kind)
- Peel 6 large boiled eggs.
- Slice each egg in half in the lengthwise direction.
- Remove yolks and place them in a small bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the cooked egg yolks evenly.
- Next, add cayenne powder, black pepper, and jalapeno pepper.
- Stir until blended well.
- Add sliced green onions, pickle relish, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Stir until blended into a paste.
- Fill each half of the egg whites evenly with the spicy deviled eggs mixture.
- Enjoy immediately! Or refrigerate some for later.
This is my personal Spicy Deviled Eggs Recipe. Therefore, you may want to adapt the recipe to fit your taste. To do so, simply add more or less of any ingredient. However, I have noticed that the spicy deviled eggs are spicier when eaten right away. After refrigerating, the spicy deviled eggs are less spicy for some reason. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy making and eating this low carb spicy deviled eggs recipe.