Low Carb Mexican Salad
A low carb Mexican salad is a real treat for anyone that likes Mexican foods. When I was growing up we only ate Mexican foods to celebrate something significant. However, as an adult I started “celebrating” as often as I could by eating Mexican food a lot more often!
One reason I enjoy this low carb Mexican salad so much is the quick and easy prep. If you run by the store to get fresh ingredients, your ground beef will be thawed and ready to cook. While the meat is cooking, you can do all of your salad prep with clean hands for this low carb Mexican salad.
I make it with a few basic ingredients including lettuce, cilantro, green onions, tomatoes, avocados, cheddar cheese and cooked ground beef. I often just use a Mexican seasoning mix to season to ground beef while cooking. Then, I am always sure to drain any excess fat from the meat before adding it to the salad.
In addition to this low carb Mexican salad, you may also like eating Mexican Chicken Salad, Keto Nacho Soup, Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice and Keto Mexican Scrambled Eggs! So, lets jump right to the ingredients and preparations.
Low Carb Mexican Salad
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning Mix (Season to Taste)
- Start by seasoning and cooking the ground beef. Drain excess grease and oil.
- Then continue by cutting the lettuce into bite sized cubes placing them in a large bowl.
- Next, chop and add the cilantro and green onions to complete a basic salad blend.
- Dice the roma tomatoes into small cubes. Cut the avocado in half and then slice into cubes after removing skin.
- Set the diced tomato, cubed avocado, and minced jalapeno aside.
- Mince enough of the jalapeno to fit your taste.
- With clean hands, grab about 2 – 3 large handfuls of the salad blend and place it in the center of a large plate.
- Using a spoon or measuring cup, scoop about one cup of warm cooked ground beef to the top of the salad blend.
- Sprinkle Mexican Cheese over the warm ground beef.
- Next, add the pieces of tomatoes, avocados, and jalapenos.
- And finally, you can add sour cream to the top of your Low Carb Mexican Salad.
For an authentic Low Carb Mexican Salad, squeeze fresh lime juice with a little sea salt over the salad to make a dressing. However, I prefer a TexMex low carb salad dressing with regular old ranch dressing. You can view other Low Carb Mexican Food Recipes on the blog. However, this completes the request for a Low Carb Mexican Salad recipe.