Watermelon Gummy Bears
I had so much fun making and photographing these low carb watermelon gummy bears! This watermelon gummy bear recipe is made with fresh watermelon juice. Therefore, there is the delightful smell of watermelon filling the air as they are being made. And of course, sampling a bit of watermelon before making the watermelon gummy bears is also quite the treat.
When making homemade gummy bears with juice, you must consider a few things. First, that the gummy bears will only be as sweet as the juice being used. And second, once the gelatin is added, the flavor is diluted somewhat. As a low carb diet recipe, you can adjust to the less sugary taste or add a bit of stevia for more flavor. However, it does not take long to adjust to the natural flavor of watermelon gummy bears.
1 Tbsp. Knox Gelatin
This Gummy Bear Mold & Recipe Yields: About 50 Little Gummy Bears
1. Add 2 Tbsp. of fresh watermelon juice to a small microwave safe cup.
2. Add gelatin to the juice and then stir until gelatin dissolves evenly. The mixture will stiffen a bit.
3. Warm the remaining watermelon juice on the stove until hot or microwave for 10 – 20 second until hot.
4. Pour the warm juice over the gelatin mixture and then stir until it is thin and smooth.
5. Fill gummy bear molds using a dropper. If the mixture thickens while filling the molds, simply warm the remaining mixture in a cup again as needed.
6. Let them cool in the refrigerator for 30 – 45 minutes.
7. Store the watermelon gummy bears in the refrigerator.
If you are on a strict low carb, low sugar diet for health reasons you may enjoy this tidbit of information. Gelatin is actually good for the skin and help with healing the intestinal lining. Therefore, if you are on a low carb diet trying to recover from leaky gut syndrome, eat up – but do not add excess sugar. In fact, you may also enjoy this homemade probiotic gummy bear recipe.
Please come back and let everyone know what you think about these low carb watermelon gummy bears.