Low Carb Homemade Grapefruit Gummy Bears
Grapefruit gummy bears are my new favorite low carb snack! These low carb gummies are a delightfully tangy combination of sweetness and tartness. However, fresh grapefruits can vary in taste. Therefore, do not be surprised if you end up with a batch of bittersweet low carb grapefruit gummy bears.
This homemade low carb grapefruit gummy bears recipe could not be simpler. Simply squeeze about one half cup of grapefruit juice into a heaping tablespoon of unflavored gelatin. Gently stir until the gelatin dissolves and there are not clumps. Then, bring the mixture to a low simmer and you are ready for them to be molded!
Nevertheless, the homemade low carb grapefruit gummies recipe is below. I hope you enjoy making and eating them as much as I do!
Grapefruit Low Carb Gummies Recipe
1 tbsp. (about 1 envelope) Unflavored Knox Gelatin
This Gummy Bear Mold & Recipe Yields: About 50 – 60 grapefruit gummy candies.
Carb Count: ½ c. Pink Grapefruit Juice = 12 carbs
- Squeeze half a cup of grapefruit juice into a pot or microwave safe dish.
- Using a strainer or another utensil, remove seeds and excess pulp.
- Add gelatin to the grapefruit juice.
- Place pot over medium-low heat or microwave for 10 -25 seconds until mixture thins.
- Stir gently until the mixture is thin and even for pouring into molds.
- Using a dropper, pour the grapefruit gummy candies mixture into the gummy bear molds.
You can also dilute the grapefruit juice with bottled water. In this way, your low carb grapefruit gummy bears will become even more low carb. However, keep in mind that the flavor with also become diluted.
Since these are fresh juice grapefruit gummies, keep them stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them. They should stay fresh for 1 – 3 days in the refrigerator. That is if you can manage not to eat them all at once! After you make them, please come back and leave a review for these low carb homemade grapefruit gummy bears.